Lie To Me-Chapter 64

"Riley!!!"

The collective voices of my mother, and best friend filled my ears as they came running toward me. Leaving the protection of Harry's arms, I met them halfway.

How did...?!? When did...?!?

Thousands of questions filled my brain as tears spilled from my eyes. I hadn't seen my mother in almost a year, Bree even longer...

But, they were here!! Really here!!

Reaching me first, my mom grabbed me into a tight hug that seemed to go on forever, the both of us crying as we exclaimed our happiness, how much we'd missed one another, and how much we loved each other.

Bree was next, wrapping her arms around me, laughter and tears flowing freely between us.

Although I loved Gemma, Anne, and all my friends here in London, I had to admit, it was nothing compared to having my best friend with me once again.

It felt like I'd stumbled into a dream. A beautiful, heartbreaking dream, where everyone it loved most in the world had gathered together...in one room...for me... Closing my eyes, just to test it, I prayed that if I was in fact dreaming, I wouldn't ever wake up.

After being convinced that this was actually real, that I was awake, the questions flew from my mouth. "What are you guys doing here?!? How did you get here?!? How long have you been here?!? How long are you staying?!?"

With a simple smile, my mother hugged me again. "As much as I'd love to say this was my grand idea, we honestly didn't have much to do with it." Pulling back, she nodded behind me. "This is all thanks to Harry. He planned it all out, paid for everything. He's an amazing young man, Riley. He even flew us out here, first class!! Can you believe it?!? And you should see the hotel we're staying in!! It's so beautiful!!"

Seeing the excitement and wonder on my mother's face, I fought back more tears. Growing up, I remembered the flights I'd take with her, always passing by first class to go sit in coach. It wasn't bad, but the two of us always wondered what it would be like to sit up there, just once. "One day," she'd promise every time. "One day we'll get there."

And now she had... She'd had that opportunity, had that experience. All thanks to Harry... Amid my attempts to hold them in, tears gathered in my eyes anyway. God, how I loved that man... I loved him so much, it made my heart ache...

With a shuddered breath, I turned around and faced him again. His soft smile, and bright eyes beaconing me. "Harry... I... I don't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything, Lee. I wanted to do this... For you. Happy Birth..."

I didn't let him finish. Moving closer, I went up on my toes, and leaned into him. "Thank you... Thank you so much..."

And then I kissed him.

For a moment, he froze in shock as I pressed my mouth to his, teasing his bottom lip with my tongue. But before long, I felt his hands tighten at my back. Like he had back in the closet just a few days ago, Harry took charge, commanding my entire body, plunging his tongue into my mouth, pulling me flush against him. I had no choice but to simply cling to him, holding on tight as he drove us both crazy...

"Called it!!"

I vaguely heard Louis' exclamation before the room erupted in laughter. My eyes shot open.

Oh, shit...

I'd completely forgotten the crowd of people that had filled the room when we'd first walked in! Hell, five seconds after turning to Harry, I'd even forgotten that my own mother was standing right there behind me!

My jaw dropped as I pulled away from him, my hands coming up to cover my mouth.

I'd just kissed Harry...in front of my mom, my best friend, his band mates, and his family!!!

(Harry's POV)

Riley's face matched her dress when the realization hit, and I couldn't hold back the laughter that was bubbling up inside me. She looked adorable. Embarrassed, sweet, and more sexy than she had the right to be.

"So much for your acting..." I smirked down at her, receiving a smack in the chest, and a nearly whispered, "Shut up," in return. But, through it all her smile stayed consistent, the laughter in her voice almost palpable. She was happy, and above all else, that's all that mattered.

Getting her embarrassment under control, Riley finally turned back around to face the crowd of our shocked, smirking, and seemingly pleased loved ones. Placing my hands on her shoulders, I kept her close as she addressed the room.

"Sorry...about that. I was just so...thankful... I don't know what came over me."

Aside from Louis' teasing, "We do," everyone else seemed to brush off our kiss as if it had been no big deal, though I did catch my mum's wink when she locked eyes with me. Shaking my head, I gave a silent thank you for their candor, and prayed that this would only serve to help in my attempt to claim Riley as my own...

Moments later, as she made her rounds, taking the time to chat with everyone individually, the wait staff that had been assigned to our rowdy group came in, informing us that the first course would be out shortly.

I took my seat, next to where the birthday girl would surely be sitting, and waited, my eyes scanning the table until they fell on a pair of baby blues, glaring at me.

Taken back, I blinked at Riley's best friend, Bree. Boy, was she giving me the stink eye... All the way over from her place between Perrie and Liam. Reading her lips, I saw the warning that the two of us needed to talk, and smiled.

I'd heard stories about Bree's mama bear complex where Riley was concerned, and although I probably should have been worried, seeing just how loved Riley was only made me happier.