Lie To Me-Chapter 88

Hearing my alarm go off, I groaned before even opening my eyes. It was way too early!! Especially after Harry's marathon lovemaking that had kept me up into the early morning hours. He'd been insatiable last night...

Not that I was complaining...

I was deliciously sore after he'd nearly bent me in half, allowing my body to take the full brunt of his thrusts. But then he'd flipped me over, bringing me to the brink again as he took me from behind, his fingers strumming my clit like a guitar. Round three was, thankfully, where I'd gotten revenge, riding him until we were both panting and completely covered in sweat.

My lips curved into a smile even as I fought to continue my slumber. Sure, I was going to pay for the lack of sleep, but with the memories playing back in my mind. The laughter; the teasing; the soft touches, gentle moans, and whispers of encouragement... It was all worth it.

"And just what has you smiling so early in the morning? Were you having a good dream? Or should I be puffing out my chest a little, beaming with pride?"

The rasp in Harry's voice encouraged my eyes to open, and for a moment I seriously considered forgetting about sleep, forgetting about breakfast, and just going straight for round four...

His eyes sparkled in the morning light, shining bright despite the shadowed circles forming beneath them, and I bit my lip.

"Don't give me that look, Riley..." He scolded, while teasing my nose with his own, "Unless you're looking to skip out on brunch..."

Pressing his lips to mine, Harry climbed over me, his heated body covering me like a warm blanket. I brought my arms around him, my hands playing against the muscles in his back.

"As tempting as you are..." And he was...beyond tempting. "We both know we can't skip out on brunch. Our mothers would..."

My phone buzzed against the nightstand, cutting me off. Reaching his long arm over, Harry unhooked it from the charger, and brought it back to me. "Speaking of our mothers."

It was a text message from Anne. Opening my messages, I read it aloud.

"Good morning, sweetie! I've been texting Harry, but haven't received a response yet. Could you check to make sure he's awake?"

Harry laughed as I dropped my phone onto the bed. "Well... Sweetie... Do you think I'm awake yet?"

Reaching up to tangle my hands in his hair, I pulled him toward me and pressed my lips to his. He smiled, licking his lips when I pulled away. "Hmmm... I don't know. I might still be asleep. I think you'll have to check again..."

This time, when I kissed him, I let my own tongue play along his moistened lips. And when he opened them for me, letting me into the warm heaven that was his mouth, our collected moans filled the air.

Once again, the vibration from my phone interrupted us and we separated, already laughing at was most likely another text from Anne.

"She doesn't give up, does she?"

I gave Harry a look as he moved to my side. "Hmm... Must be a family trait..."

Initially laughing, his face turned sour as he realized I was talking about him, which only made me laugh harder.

"Hey!!"

Our teasing only continued as we finally crawled out of bed to get ready for brunch, and for a while I was able to forget everything that had happened over the last forty-eight hours. Bree, and all her issues, Harry's jersey...and all my issues, the drama, the emotions. It all faded away. We were back to normal, goofing off, playing around, and being the way we'd always been together.

With both of us dressed for a nice brunch, Harry in a white button down and his signature black jeans, me in a floral skirt and a soft blue top, we headed down to the garage.

Placing his hand gently on my back as we entered the elevator, Harry asked, "Do we need to stop and get your mum along the way?"

I turned to him, smiling at his constant consideration. "No, she's already there. They've probably been chatting each other up and sharing embarrassing stories for at least an hour now..." I shuddered dramatically.

Laughing, he joined in on my sentiment, shaking his head. "God help us both."

As the doors opened, we stepped off the elevator and made our way to Harry's car. Opening the passenger door first, he let me in before heading around to the driver's side.

I couldn't help but smile at him, content, happy, and I made a promise to myself to keep this going.

This next week in L.A. was going to be all about fun. No more worry or concern about where we were headed. No more thoughts about our future, and what would happen to us. We were best friends, and no matter how this turn in our relationship ended up, we would always be best friends. Nothing could change that.

Or so I thought...