Wreck

DO YOU EVER FORGET YOU HAVE AN EXAM AND THEN JUST WANT TO DIE

"Dan, the ship's gonna sink!" Phil yelled out, gripping onto the side of the boat as it rocked in the powerful waves.

"We're gonna die, Phil!" Dan practically screamed, desperately trying to steer the boat but failing. They were stuck in the middle of the ocean in a torrential storm and their and all their crew's lives were in danger. They had long taken down the sail (as soon as it began to rain they had decided to take it down).

Many of the crew members had jumped off the ship, trying to swim to safety but to no avail as there was no land for miles. A loud crack was heard as thunder struck somewhere nearby. Dan cursed loudly as the boat rocked so that it was nearly on its side.

Everyone started screaming as the boat tipped over and they were thrown into the sea. Dan and Phil were trying to swim and to stay afloat but there was too much going on. Phil was crying as he swam towards Dan who looked too calm for the situation.

"We're gonna die." Dan repeated, staring numbly into Phil's eyes. They were both shivering violently due to the sea's temperature; if they didn't drown, they'd surely freeze to death.

"I know but before we do, there's something I've always wanted to do to you." (After reading this back I've realised how wrong this sounds...) Dan nodded slowly, a little confused. Phil then leaned forward and pressed his lips against the captain's. A surge of heat spread through them and, for a moment, they completely stopped shivering... until they broke the kiss. They were thrust back into cold reality again.

"Wow. You should have done that sooner then maybe we could have had something."

"It's too late now." They went silent until Phil spoke up again, "Captain?"

"Yeah.."

"I don't want to die." Phil's voice sounded so broken and sad that Dan's heart completely shattered inside his chest.

"Me neither... but at least we will die together, right?"

Phil whispered very quietly, "I've always loved you, Dan."

"I've always loved you too."

Both Dan and Phil both drifted away from the world together, hand in hand.