Joke

Haha the title's appropriate because it's Valentine's Day and my love life is nothing but a joke

"Let's play truth or dare!" Someone drunkenly yelled over the loud music blaring out the speakers. Everyone agreed by talking amongst themselves and gathering into a circle in the middle of the floor.

"You!" The same person said, pointing a shaky finger at a blue-haired guy wearing a simple hoodie. The guy grinned, flashing his perfectly white teeth. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare!" The guy, named Ethan, shouted loudly, making the circle erupt into a round of yells.

"I dare you to down that bottle!" Ethan immediately picked up the bottle of some cheap alcohol, downing it in around thirty seconds as everyone cheered him on. He finished and everyone whooped loudly.

Ethan turned to Dan who was staying quite quiet throughout the whole thing. "Truth or dare?" Ethan asked him.

"Dare.." Dan squeaked out, swallowing thickly. He was a very timid and anxious person and big parties weren't his type of thing but he had been dragged there by his friend, Chris, who insisted he would 'have fun'. Yeah, fun.

Why did he choose dare? They could make him do anything...

"I dare you to ask Lester out! We already know you two love each other so you should really just fuck already!"

Dan went bright red but the room was fairly dim so no one could see. Phil Lester was opposite him in the circle and he was awkwardly smiling at him. "Phil-" he started but Phil was quick to interrupt him.

"Can we speak outside?" He pushes his glasses up off his nose and stood up, ushering Dan to follow. He did.

Once outside, Phil began to speak again. "I will not date someone if they were dared to ask me out. I'm not some sort of joke-" Dan interrupted him by kissing him passionately. Phil kissed back.

They pulled away, breathless as they stared into each other's eyes. "It's not a joke. I-I've liked you forever and everyone but you could see that."

Happy Valentine's Day even if today sucks for lots of people. Honestly last year I was Skyping my ex girlfriend and crap and this year I spend it completely alone because my parents are working and my sister is going out with her boyfriend. So that really helps with how crap I already feel.

But all's okay. Being alone isn't that bad. No one will be here to judge me when I eat so much and just spend the entire day watching YouTube because YouTube and food make me happy. I mean, there are benefits to being single: you don't need to spend any money on anyone and you can do whatever you want today. Whether it's lay in bed all day, watch movies all day, read fanfiction all day, actually go outside all day (why would you want to do that though?)... no one will be there to tell you not to. Unless you have school. Then the school will tell you not to.

I've also got a platonic valentine this year :p which is great because I'm the loneliest person on Earth (exaggeration). Honestly I have the best friend in the world even if we haven't known each other for long. ACD221B you're the best friend I could ever ask for :) Even if no one loves me irl at least I have internet friends, right? Internet friends are pretty great.