Religion

"Mum, dad..." Phil started, his hands in his pockets as he looked down at the floor. "I need to tell you something."

Both parents nodded, looking very concerned. Phil just knew the concern would morph into hatred and disappointment after Phil said his next sentence.

"I'm gay."

Phil's mum immediately put her hand over her mouth and gasped, tears filling her eyes. His dad just shook his head, blurting out, "You're not." He turned to Phil's mother, his eyes glistening with anger. "I knew we should have kept him away from that Dan kid. He probably brainwashed him into thinking this."

"No, dad, listen. I knew I was gay even before I met Dan. Did you never wonder why I had so many posters of guys in my room rather than females? And back in year 8 when I dated that girl, I didn't even like her-"

"Stop it. You're making your mother cry." Phil's mum had her head buried into her husband's shoulder, her body shaking with sobs. "You know this is not how we brought you up. Being... gay," His dad spat out the word 'gay' like it was venom that was about to poison him. "Is not allowed. God is against it."

"No he's not, it doesn't say in the-"

"Get out."

Phil bit his lip, opening his mouth to defend himself.

"Get out!" His dad repeated much louder; it made Phil jump. He solemnly looked down at the floor before walking out of the house and slamming the door behind him.

-

"Ssh.. Phil.. it's okay." Dan whispered, pulling his friend closer so he could bury his head into his chest.

"I don't think I can ever go back home. They hate me." Phil sobbed, his words muffled.

"They're probably just shocked-"

Phil shook his head. "My dad was so angry and my mum was crying... it was horrible."

"Well," Dan said, taking Phil's hand into his own. "You can stay with me as long as you need. My parents love you."

"Thank you..." Phil mumbled. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

I don't like this oooooone