Sand

"Dad!" The little boy whined. "I want a
bucket! I want to build a sandcastle like that!" He pointed to a tall sandcastle that a small girl had built. It was impressive.

"Papa is just getting you one now, okay? He's going to buy you one." Dan said, bending down on his knees to meet the child's height.

"I want it now!"

"Look, Papa is coming now! He got you a really cool Pokémon one!" Phil handed it to the little boy and he immediately started to fill it with sand.

He turned it over and lifted it up, revealing a little mound of sand. He repeated the actions until he had made quite a decent castle for a small six year old. "That's amazing, Dil!" Phil said, encouraging his son.

"It's not as good as hers though!" Dil mumbled and pointed at the girl.

Once he had filled up another bucket, a shadow got in the way of his view. "Do you want to work together?" It was a girl's voice and it sounded very shy.

"Promise you won't ruin my castle?" Dil mumbled, a little defiant. He wasn't sure if he should trust the girl, considering he was competing against her just a moment ago.

"Promise. My name is Tabitha!"

"I'm Dil!"

"Look," Phil said, glancing at Dil. "He made a new friend."

"I know! How cute."

"Very cute. I'm proud of him because usually he's just so shy."

Dan nodded, beginning to lean in a little. Phil leant the rest of the way and kissed his husband.

Dil and Tabitha ended up making the best sandcastle on the beach (admittedly, there was no one else on the beach but no one needs to know that).

How is everyone today?
I'm fairly decent, I suppose