Ink

TW: Brief mentions of self harm.

"I'm just going out to get some milk." Dan said before closing the front door abruptly. Phil didn't even question it, going back to scrolling through his Tumblr feed.

After half an hour, Phil was beginning to get worried. It should take Dan around ten minutes to nip to the shop, get the milk and come home. Phil reached for his phone and dialled Dan's number just to be sent straight to voicemail. He wandered into the kitchen, just to check if there was enough milk for a single cup of coffee. When he opened the fridge, however, he was greeted with a full bottle of milk.

Puzzled, he picked up the milk, checking the use-by date. It was perfectly fine. He proceeded to make a cup of coffee before walking back into the living room.

He was too anxious to focus on Tumblr, YouTube or even the television so, instead, he just sat there, waiting for Dan. What could he be doing? Was he meeting up with another man? No, Phil never believed that Dan would do that. There was a tiny part of him that thought that could be the case.

Two hours passed in total until Phil heard their door unlock. In walked Dan, wearing a nervous look on his face. Phil's heart dropped: he was holding no milk and he looked afraid. Maybe he was cheating.

"Dan. Where were you really? There's plenty of milk in the fridge and you've been gone two whole hours. I've been worried sick." Phil said, his voice monotone. He wasn't sure if he wanted to cry or throw something across the room but he was trying to remain as calm as possible. He refused to make assumptions without proper proof.

"Okay, I lied-" Dan started but Phil quickly cut him off.

"Were you with another man?"

"No, I-"

"Then where were you?"

Dan let out a long breath, refusing to look Phil in the eye. "I have a surprise. I'm not sure if you'll like it but I hope you do because I can't exactly get rid of it now." He swallowed before pulling up his sleeve. Covering his faded self harm scars were tiny planets and stars and they were beautiful.

"Wow, it's beautiful." Phil whispered, his anger and doubt disappearing in seconds as he looked at the tattoo.

"I wanted to cover up some of the scars and make it so I could wear short sleeved shirts again."

"I'm so proud of you, Dan..." Phil pulled his boyfriend into a hug. "Why'd you lie though?"

"I was scared you'd stop me." Dan's voice was barely above a whisper as Phil started to smile softly.

"I'd never stop you. It's your body and I'll love it no matter what."

I uploaded a new book yesterday; if you want you can check it out. it's called Ease and here's the description just in case you don't want to look for the book on my profile:

Dan had had an unlucky life. It was just him and his mum at home but they were just about getting by. He pretended to be okay at school for the sake of his friends but inside he didn't feel okay. Then he met a boy that just... made him feel at ease.

Also what? We're almost at 8k which is amazing! Thank you so much to everyone who reads my stuff (I know I say it all the time but I mean it) :)