Pollution

Happy birthday Phil! I'm wearing my Dan and Phil shirt today to celebrate :p

It had been ten days since Earth had been completely abandoned. Deforestation, along with many other factors had led to a large increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and so it was no longer a safe place to live. Not everyone could be saved: only so many people could board the spaceships. Dan happened to be one of these lucky people but he had to leave his family and the world he knew behind. It wasn't at all easy.

He sat up in his bed, reaching for his tablet. Of course, there wasn't any internet as such, just a forum called Central where all the passengers could interact. It was mostly a place for people to keep diary entries about their journey and to make friends with others.

Dan held the tablet at a reasonable length, his face in shot. "Day 10," He started, his voice flat and monotonous. "So far, so decent, I guess."

-

Dan looked up as there was a knock on his door. He called for them to come in and so the door opened, revealing a pale face. "Oh?" The person said, taking one glance at Dan before shaking his head. "I swear my friend said 54A?"

"This is 54B..."

"I'm sorry-"

"I'll walk you there if you want? I could use some exercise." Dan let out a soft laugh but Phil stayed fairly straight-faced.

"Sure. I'm Phil."

"Dan. What made you come here?" Dan locked his room by looking at the facial recognition and typing in his four digit password.

"My mum. She was meant to go but she fell ill unexpectedly. She insisted I went instead because I'm 'young and fit'. You?"

They walked through some doors which slid to the left. "I wanted to get away all my life and see space. I'm studying it."

"Ah, so you got a first class ticket as a scientist?"

"Yep."

Dan suddenly halted outside a red door with the number 54 on it, looking at Phil expectantly. Phil lifted up his fist, ready to knock as he burst out. "What's your Central?"

Dan smiled softly before saying, "DanielHowell." He then turned and left the other man.

I like this one :) (yes I finally like something I have written it's a miracle)