Splinter

Dan was bringing Phil a coffee when he first found out. He was holding the glass mug in his hand and he had just pushed open Phil's bedroom door when he saw his boyfriend crying on his bed, his back bent as he clutched his stomach. Dan had dropped the coffee without even thinking, running to his boyfriend's side and relaying some kind words. Considering his feet were bare and the splinters of glass had fallen directly onto his feet, he shouldn't have dropped the drink but he paid no attention to the pain he was feeling, only worried about Phil. "What's wrong, Phil?" He asked, extremely worried.

"Dan... there's something I need to tell you... I'm sick, like.. really sick." Phil whispered, tears filling his eyes. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry about me but there's a chance I could die."

"Phil..." Dan said, immediately bursting into tears at the news. "I wondered why you were so tired and weak all the time. I can't believe I didn't notice."

"It's okay.." Phil winced as his stomach lurched in pain.

"How long do you..."

"Only a couple of months, Dan and the doctor said I could be bed ridden within a few weeks. I've been trying to ignore it, as if I could make it go away but it's only gotten worse."

"Come here..." Dan mumbled, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend as they both cried softly to each other. "We can make a bucket list, yeah?" Dan's voice was so shaky that it was almost impossible to understand him. "And we can fulfil all of your dreams before you..."

"That would be nice but there's nothing I want to do apart from marry you but there isn't enough time for that. I also wanted to adopt a child or get a dog with you and look after it together but none of that is going to happen."

"We could get a puppy? We could call it Philip and I could look after it."

Phil smiled very softly. "Yeah, I'd like that but Dan?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you leave me because I'm sick?"

Dan took Phil's hand into his own, shaking his head repeatedly. "Of course not. You're still my Phil and I love you with all my heart. I would never ever leave you."

"Thank you, Dan. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."

Ehhh this is bad