Rain

"Happy Valentine's Day, Phil.." Dan mumbled, holding a picnic basket in his hands. He didn't look particularly happy: his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and he had a frown on his countenance.

"What's wrong?" Phil immediately asked. He had just woken up so he wasn't wearing a shirt, only pyjama bottoms.

"I was going to take you on a picnic but it's pouring down with rain..." Dan mumbled, the disappointment clear in his voice. Phil just sat up, smiling slightly as an idea formed in his head.

"Why don't we have a picnic inside? We could put a movie on too?"

"I suppose but it's not the same.."

"I don't mind?" Phil leaned forward and kissed Dan's forehead. "I'll just get dressed."

-

When Phil came downstairs, dressed in a formal shirt and some skinny jeans, he noticed the cute layout. Dan had obviously put a lot of effort into making it look pretty as there was a blanket on the floor and different foods in bowls and on plates. He had an array of movies laid out on the floor, ready for Phil to choose his favourite.

"This is perfect, Dan." He grinned, taking a seat next to his boyfriend.

Dan held out a plate of sandwiches and Phil took a ham and cheese one. He took a bite just as Dan began to ramble.

"I'm sorry this isn't outside but I can't control weather. I mean, I'm sure it would be freezing cold if it wasn't raining and it's nice and warm in here so maybe it's for the best? I don't know? I hope you enjoy this anyways because I love you loads and I want to make this the best Valentine's Day ever-"

Phil cut him off by leaning forward and pressing his lips against Dan's.

Guess who's probably going to spend Valentine's Day crying into ice cream because they're still really upset about a break up that happened over two months ago??? :D!!!!

Anyways it's okay to spend Valentine's Day alone. Think about it: more food for you because you don't need to share. And you get to choose what to do, right? And you can sleep half the day without being judged! POSITIVITY