On a Scale from 1 to 10

You always grew up with the power. At first, it was creepy, but it has saved your life countless times. What power am I talking about? Well, there's not an exact name for it, but basically, you could tell people danger level. Every time you saw a person, a little number appeared above their head telling how much danger you were with them in your vicinity. 

A normal child or baby was a 1, while an adult was a 2. A police officer was a 3 or 4. It was almost if you were in a video game watching as the numbers flickered in and out of view. You occasionally saw a 6 or 7, but you had never seen a 10. Well, you had never seen a ten until he walked by.

You were on the streets of Queens, looking for the nearest flower shop when he walked by. He looked like a normal person with his sunglasses and plain white oxford shirt, but he walked like he needed to go somewhere fast. You saw the number 10 above his head flashing bright red. You knew that if you didn't follow him now, then a lot of people would be hurt. 

He walked into an alley, and you followed at a far distance. He whipped out a phone and dialed a number, whispering some strange words to a man on the phone.

"Hail Hydra" was the only words you caught and that alone freaked you out the most. You looked up at the city above you. You needed to find someone that would be able to help you, but ever since Tony Stark moved the Avengers to a secret location, you didn't know where to go. 

You were walking back home when you saw an even stranger sight than before. You looked at a man with a -3 above his head walk closer to you. You didn't know what the -3 meant, but maybe just maybe he would be able to help you. You acted like someone pushed you, and you fell into the -3 man. 

"Are you alright?" the man asks looking at you through sunglasses.

"Yeah, sorry about that," you say. He looks at you for a second, before shaking his head slowly.

"It's fine..."

"Y/n, y/n l/n," you say filling him in.

"Well y/n, my name is Wilson, Sam Wilson," he says pulling you up off of the cement. You laugh as at his awful James Bond reference.

"Sam, if it's not too much to ask, what do you do for a living?" you ask trying to figure out what -3 meant.

"Umm, I work for the government why?" He asks looking at you through his sunglasses suspiciously. You raise your hands up in your defense.

"Sorry I don't mean to pry. I just need someone to trust, say....a superhero" You say.

"Uhuh," he says. He pulls out a phone before calling a number on it, "Hello...Steve, is Tony there? I need to ask him about the girl. Wait, say that again...African American, Right? Alright, well I have her." He says before hanging up the phone. You take a step back away from the man.

"Look," you say "If your one of those HYDRA freaks, I better get going." You turn and start running away from the man. After about five seconds, he runs ahead of you and grabs your shoulders. 

"I'm not going to hurt you," He says taking off his sunglasses.

"Yeah, okay. I need to get home now" you say trying to push past him.

"Please just trust me, it's easier that way."

"Yeah, nope. You're a stranger"

"Don't make me do this" 

"Do what"

"You see that girl" he points to a redhead woman slowly sipping a cup of coffee looking at you, "And her" His hand shifts to a brown-haired woman texting on a phone.

"Let me guess, You're the easy way, they're the hard way ?" You say.

"yeah"

"Fine, whatever. Where are we going?"

"To Avenger's headquarters"

"oh"

*                                                                                           *                                                                                  *

"So let me get this straight" Tony asked walking in front of you "You can see numbers above people's head telling whether or not they are dangerous"

"Yeah, it's odd though. Whenever I look at Sam, it's always a negative number" You reveal

"Maybe because he will make you better" Bruce pointed out.

"What do you mean?" you ask

"Whenever you see a man or woman, it's always a positive number because they are slightly dangerous, right"

"Right"

"So maybe Sam isn't a danger to you. Maybe he will make you a better person" 

"Maybe, just maybe"