Daisies and Daggers 3

Everyone stopped moving. They all stared at you. Some looked on with delight while others looked on with disgust. You -feeling more than a bit self-conscience- decided that the best thing for you to do was to hide behind Loki until everyone looked away.

You slowly creep behind him, not noticing the six-foot man that was also standing behind Loki. As you took a step back, you tripped over something and fell backward with a pterodactyl screech onto her side.

You closed your eyes and laid there for a minute, half expecting for the room to erupt into a chaotic mess of laughter. But it never did. You opened your eyes, hesitantly, and found yourself being stared at by a man who stood next to Loki.

He was drastically more muscular than Loki with a warm toothy smile and a lightning blue eye. His other eyes appeared to be a shade of hazel brown, but that wasn't the strange thing. At random times, the eyes would bug out and appear to be more robotic than human.

His hair matched his eyes but was wilder than the latter. It was tousled in all different directions but somehow seemed to be perfectly in order. He offered you a hand, and (when you excepted) he quickly pulled you to your feet.

"How did the floor feel?" Lok asked, smirking down at you.

It was at these times that you really wished that you were the same height as him. He was giant -maybe seven feet at a minimum- and towered over you. You, for the most part, didn't like that you always had to stare up at him. Though he would be the perfect person to cuddle with.

Wait, what were you even thinking? He was a murderous killer and probably arranged for your demise once your value to him expired.

"It was...it was nice," You whispered, not really paying Loki much attention. You started out into the crowd of people who had resumed whatever they had been doing before.

You knew that you didn't belong here. You felt it. Even if no one said anything, you could recognize the feeling of isolation pretty easily. You've felt like this before. When you visited your friends. When you went shopping for beauty products.

But this wasn't the foundation portion of the store. Your biggest problem wasn't that all of the makeup that resembled yours was the name of food. It wasn't that you couldn't find any nude lipstick in your color.

You had unintentionally immersed yourself into a whole different realm. Your life turned into one where your biggest problem was death. It wasn't a fantasy story where the protagonist made it out alive and had the perfect happily ever after. It was a story where you probably wouldn't make it alive. Even if you did, you had no clue what you would turn into.

Loki nudged your shoulder, jarring you out of your thoughts. He examined your face and frowned slightly. He turned away from you, but still remained close. You heard the man next to you cough slightly as if to remind you that he was still there.

"Ah right," Loki turned back to you, but he didn't meet your eyes, "This is Thor,"

"You must be the girl that Loki was talking about all night," The man, Thor, took your hand in his right, brought it up to his lips, and gently kissed it. You couldn't help but roll your eyes slightly. If your life was a story, he would be the flirtatious brother that was trying to get under Loki's skin. He couldn't be though. They looked to have nothing in common.

"Okay, Romeo, cool it. You're Loki's brother, right," You asked, sizing the man up. You figured that given a couple beers you could easily beat him up. He seemed to be soft at heart. Someone who would much rather talk than fight, but he would mind beating someone up if they came at him.

"How did you guess?" He asked, his jaw going slack. You shook your head in disbelief.

"Just like a book," You mumbled under your breath.

"He's adopted," Loki chimed, taking your hand -the one that Thor had kissed- and interlacing it with his own.

You nodded. That's why you couldn't seem the similarity. Not that you really minded much. You had always been the one to believe that family didn't end with blood. That two people can love each other like brothers, even though they are not related.

"So, what are we doing here?" You asked, looking around the warehouse. It was a bit bland for your taste. It smelled too sterilized. Like a hospital. You wanted these people to at least have a better workplace for some weird reason.

"I have a meeting with some business executives in a little bit. I want you to be there," Loki said, glancing around the room as if he was looking for someone. He relaxed as soon as he found the specific one.

Pulling you by the arm, he walked towards a man who was drinking some neo green drink as he tapped a tablet furiously.

"Stark," Loki called out. The man glanced up.

He was a man of a much smaller statue than Loki, but he didn't carry himself that way. His pale face, crinkled into a smile as his eyes roamed your body. His goatee was neatly trimmed and stylish. Where Thor looked like a beefy lumberjack, Stark looked like a celebrity.

"Loki. My man. My main man. My only man. What can I do for you, buddy?" He placed the tablet on the barside. Loki rolled his eyes

"Cut the act, Tony,"

Tony laughed.

"Not bad? Look, kid, I have about thirty seconds before Pepper finds out I was messing with the big boss, so why don't you tell me what's going on and I'll try to see what I can do about it,"

"I need you to find her something to wear,"

"Blueberry?" Tony offered you a bag of freeze-dried fruit. You shook your head, but he didn't seem to mind much.

"Why? I think she looks perfectly fine the way she looks."

Loki huffed in frustration, throwing a hand into his hair. You turned to Tony, who was smirking about how pissed Loki seemed to be at the moment. You decided that maybe it would be better if you were the one to talk to Tony.

"Loki said that I had to go to a meeting of some sorts. I'm thinking a dress of some sorts. Something to let the guys know.."

"That you aren't a piece of eye candy, you got it, girl," Tony interrupted. You nodded.

Tony clapped his hands together and stood up. He pulled you away from Loki and towards a whole different part of the warehouse. You glanced behind you as Tony dragged you away at Loki. He seemed to be lost in thought as he just stood there motionless.

When you turned back to Tony, you realized that in front of you were racks and racks of clothes that were all your size. There were dresses and skirts that were all in your favorite color. Tony examined the clothes, flipping through the hangers until he settled on one.

"Try this," he threw the outfit at you. You caught it with some skill and walked to what looked like a bathroom.

As you opened the door, a female voice welcomed you, by name, to Asgard. You would have been surprised, but this place seemed to be decades ahead in modern technology. Also, you were done screaming and jumping.

"How does it look?" Tony called. You turned to look at yourself in the mirror.

The blue button down which you had tucked in matched your skin tone perfectly (finally). The black pencil skirt fit your figure perfectly, curving around your hips and making you feel great. You slipped on the black stilettos.

You opened the door and walked out. Tony clapped happily, taking out his phone. You posed a couple times as he took thousands of photos. You felt amazing. Powerful. Like you could rule the world. As you looked in the mirror, you loved the outfit, but you favored the confident smile much more.

"How did you know my size?" You asked, still checking yourself in the mirror.

"Loki told me. Did you really think that you were taken by mistake? Honey, Loki had his eye on you long before you ever knew about him."