Dressed like that

"Where are you going?" Your boyfriend of three years asks stepping in front of you. You loved him, you really did, but sometimes that wasn't good enough for him.

"I'm hanging out with some of my friends from work. Please Todd, darling, I just want to have some fun tonight." you beg.

"Not dressed like that" He says dragging your arm towards the bedroom. He loved you so much that he took notice of what you worn. You shouldn't have known that the dress was too short, yet a little part of you wanted to where whatever you want.

"You know what?" Todd announced.

"What darling?" You answer as he lets go of your arm.

"You aren't going out with anyone today. You're going to clean the house and deal us cards while I play poker my friends" He says. As disappointed as you were, you knew that it was for the best. He was just trying to teach you discipline, right?

"Okay" you say kissing his cheek. You smelled a faint aroma of beer, but brushed it off. That was how he smelt nowadays -like beer and smoke. You began to organize your bedroom. You cleared out all the wine bottles and cigarettes. Smoothing down the bedsheets, you realized that you had forgot to text Natasha about thechange of plans.

You:

Hey Nattie, change of plans. I can't come tonight

Nat:

y/n, it's your birthday for goodness sakes

You:

is it

Nat:

yea...is everything alright with Todd?

You:

yeah just forgot to clean the house, so I have to do it now.

You:

ttyl

You plugged your phone in, and you began to sweep the entryway. You picked up some of Todd's shoes and organized them into colors and textures. You then walked over to the kitchen and laid out some cards for his pocker night. You liked to support your boyfriend in any way you could, so cleaning and laying out cards was one of your favorite hobbies.

"y/n, come here." your boyfriend demanded.

"yes dearest" you answered running toyour bedroom. Todd liked you to be swift in all you actions, or he punished you. The punishments were nothing you couldn't handle. They usually delt with punches and kicks. Todd was gracious in his actions, always making sure to hit you were hard enough that you were sore in the morning, but soft enough so that you didn't have to worry about bruises to cover up.

"I want you to wear this, while we are playing poker" He says holding up a short black body-con dress.

"Okay, I'll get changed right away" you say grabbing the dress and heading to the bathroom to change.

Once you stepped out, Todd wrapped an arm firmly into your waist. His friends were already here and drink Bud-Light. You winked at the men, and went to your position of dealing. In the games, you often caught Todd or his friends staring at you, especially with your pushup bra making certain things seem bigger.

You were dealing of cardsin the fifth round when the doorbell rang. You looked at Todd, but he was just staring at him cards. You walked from your position to the door, and you open it. There stood Natasha, Tony, Steve, and Wanda.

"Excuse me miss, do you know where y/n is?" Wanda asked gently.

"y/n. Get back here, you need to finish dealing." Todd shouted at you.

"Give me a second" you responded sweetly to Todd. Turning back to the Avengers, you gave them a glare.

"What are you doing here Natasha." You glared at her.

"Geez y/n what are you wearing?" Tony asked looking you over.

"Clothes. Get out of here. I told you not to come, yet you did." you growled.

"Not without you" Natasha argued.

"I'm not going to argue with you Nat. Go away" You said through strained teeth.

"Who are these?" Todd asked from behind you, wrapping you in a  tight embace.

"My friends." You said sugarcoating your voice.

"the friends that I specifically told you weren't going to pick you up." He asks glaring at Steve.

"Yes dear" you responded.

"I thought I told you not to go." he says raising his voice slightly.

"I thought I made myself clear to them, Toddy. They probably misunderstood." you reasoned with him.

"Look I don't know who you are, but let me make this very clear. Y/n is not going with you. She helps me with poker, she does not hang out with 'work friends'. Now, I am going to politely ask you to leave" He says before slamming the door in their faces.

*                                                                                        *                                                            *

You were walking to work, the next day, tugging down your sleeves. Todd had punished you after his friends left, leaving big purple and blue bruises on your shoulder. You were wearing a white blouse, so when Tony 'accidently' doused you in water you began to panic. You tried to wrap yourself in a towe, but it was too late. The whole team had see the fist-like bruises on your chest.

"What's this?" Natasha says pointing to a bruise on your shoulder.

"Got it sparining Sam." you lie.

"That's a Lie," Wanda points out, "It was Todd"

"I knew that the guy was trouble." Tony grumbled.

"It's not his fault" you defend, "I didn't make sure that you were coming"

"Y/n, he's beating you up. Of course it's his fault." Steve cuts in.

That finally broke you. You realized that it wasn't your fault. You shouldn't have to be pressured into wearing clothes that people assigned you. You weren't someone's plaything that they could mistreat. You were your own person with dignity. You fell to the floor sobbing.

Natasha rushed to your side, and cradled you in her arm. Tony and Steve looked on furious that someone would hurt their family. You didn't stop crying, weeping uncontrollably into Natasha's shoulder. She grew madder by the minute, watching a flood of tears stream down your face. Finally she couldn't take it anymore. Looking up to Steve and Tony, she mouthed two simple words : get him.