The Bubblegum Girl

A/n: Sorry this is so short and weirdly formatted. I was having some problems with publishing. Don't forget to comment, like, and share. Also, we are so close to  3k reads. Thank you so much. I love you guys and gals so much for all the support I am getting.

Three years, Four months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours and fifty minutes exactly since Sam Wilson had broken up with you. He spent his days in regret of letting you go. He would look normal, but he wouldn't smile a much. He stopped referring to people by their nicknames. He just stopped being the Sam that everyone loved. 

He was out on a run with the Super Soldiers when they stopped abruptly. Sam, who was struggling to keep up, didn't notice that they had stopped crashed right into Steve.

"Isn't that y/n?" Bucky asks, looking into the distance.

"Yeah Sam, isn't that her?" Steve asked.

"No, she doesn't wear those types of clothes," Sam said. When the two of you had dated, you were very thoughtful in what you wore. You didn't wear anything that made people stare at you. You preferred a nice t-shirt of your favorite fandom with sweatpants over a tight dress. You never wore heels or make-up. You had believed that it wasn't worth being someone who you weren't.

The girl whom he saw was wearing dark eyeshadow, bright red lipstick, a sundress that hung to her hips, and big sunglasses that covered her eyes. She was blowing pink bubbles with her gum, as her boyfriend ran his hand over her thigh. Maybe that's why when he got closer, he was so surprised to find out it was actually you.

"Hey, Falcon or maybe it's Fakeon because everything you do is just CGI" Your boyfriend called out to Sam. It took all his willpower to not turn and punch the loser in his face.

"What's wrong Birdie, a cat has your tongue?" He called out again. This time Steve and Bucky were right next to Sam when he said it.

"Oh Look at little Falcon hanging around his fake friends. They probably hate you because you don't have any powers" This time, you turned to your boyfriend and scolded him a bit.

"Please just leave them alone. They have a hard enough job already" You told him.

"What's wrong Girl, going soft." He said yanking your arm.

"Let's go home," You said. You grabbed his arm, and Sam watched as you led him away.

"What happened to her? Hanging around jerks, wearing tight clothing, chewing gum." Bucky shook his head.

"I did," Sam said before running to do another lap.

*                                                                   *                                                  *

The second time he saw you was when you were shopping at the mall with your "Friends". He could sense their fake smiles and laughs from a mile away. As he drew closer he could see that you were smiling, yet the smile didn't reach your eyes. He knew that you weren't happy with your friends.

"Why is she hanging out with them," Natasha asked. Nat had at first been supportive of you after the break-up, but once she saw how Sam was holding up she wanted nothing more than the two of you to get back together.

"She can choose who she is allowed to hang out with." He told Natasha.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean she has to choose the worst friends of all time" Natasha argued.

"We can't do anything about that."

"I can't but you can. Sam, she is taking this as hard as you are. She doesn't realize it, but subconsciously she wants to erase all of her happiness from her life because it reminds her of you. You hear me! Now go get your soulmate back" She says pushing Sam into you as you walked by.

"I am so sorry sir, I really didn't mean to.." You trailed off when you realized who it was.

"Y/n... How...How have you been?" Sam asks rubbing his arm sheepishly.

"Not terrible," You say, "So how's the team?"

"They miss you. I miss you."

"I miss you too" you admit.

"Then come home" He suggests.

"Sam, I can't just uproot my life for something...someone." You say.

"Yes, you can. You aren't happy Y/n. You are wearing clothes that you wouldn't dream of when we were dating"

"We aren't dating" You remind him.

"I want us to be" He admits, "I want to date you, I want you in my life. I love you so much. I am nothing without you Y/n L/n. Please come back to me."

"Okay." You say quietly.

"What?" He asks.

"I'll come home. I'm tired of being someone I'm not. I love you too Sam Wilson, more than you'll ever know" You say smiling. 

You shriek when Sam picks you up bridal style and walks out of the mall with Natasha walking behind you. You mouth a thank you to her.

Sam doesn't know it, but Natasha came to you yesterday. She made you realize that Sam had never wanted to break-up with you. You'll never fully know the reason, and frankly, you didn't care. All you cared about was that you were back with Sam.