Flash drive Part 2

A/n: I loved the main character aka you so much that I had to write the second part. It was honestly I really like how she is able to go from 'damsel in distress' to 'I am an independent woman who needs no man' in a flash. Enjoy

You sighed, laying down on the expensive leather couch that you had bought a few months back. It was Thursday morning and you couldn't wait to see him again. Alexis picked up your feet, sat down, and laid them back on her lap.

"When we first started doing this," Alexis starts, motioning around her, "We made a promise not to fall in love with our clients. Then I met Miles and I couldn't bring myself to manipulate him,"

You look at her, through your lashes, to see that she was smiling fondly at the ground. She looks back at you, with her emerald eyes, and you could see the happiness radiating off her skin. It wasn't the way that her eyes lit up whenever he was mentioned, no, it was the way she smiled a bright happy smiling with her lips curled and white teeth showing.

"Yeah," You agreed, nodding your head slightly, "I remember you storming up to my room in a flurry and saying 'I-"

"'Just can't do it'." She continued, "You walked up to me, gave me a hug, and said, 'If you are sure you found the one, you can stop'"

"I always needed someone to find the next targets. How is he, Miles I mean?" You ask, laughing. She hits your shoulder softly, then looks out the window.

"He is so amazing. He treats me so right, and y/n, I love him. Which sucks because it means that..." She trails off, frowning at the dark wood floor.

"You'll have to end this soon. Alexis, it's okay. Yes, it's going to be hard and yes, I'm going to miss you, but I understand." You sigh, taking her hand and brushing your thumb over it.

"That's why you are going on that date tonight," She perks up, checking the time on the microwave.

"No way. That is a one-stop trip to jail,"You argue, stepping back.

"Stop being so pessimistic and go get dressed," She says, pulling you into the bedroom.

* * *

When you arrive at Katherine's, you were wearing a royal blue skater dress. It was completely opposite of what you were wearing at Little Cecilia's, but it still felt comfortable. You looked around not seeing the Captain. You checked your phone. It was 7 on the dot, so where was this guy.

"Looking for someone," A voice said from behind you causing you to jump. You turned around to see him stand there in a white dress shirt and navy blue pants. You tried not to stare at how the shirt seemed a bit tight on his arms and chest.

Clearing your throat, you answered, "It isn't nice to scare a girl, Cap"

"First, It's Steve," He pointed out, offering you his arm, "Second, I wasn't the one who left before dinner,"

The two of you sat down at a table near the back of the restaurant. It wasn't crowded, but the number of people still made you uneasy. You never knew if one of these people were working with one of your previous clients.

"Is everything okay?" He asks shaking you arm gently. You blinked twice at him before looking around the room.

"There's a lot of people," you murmured, "It's quite unnerving"

"Why?" He asks quietly, taking your hand from across the table.

"In the line of work I'm in, you don't trust outsiders much," You reply vaguely. You look down at your interlocked hands and feel a blush start to rise to your cheeks. You quickly remove your hand and bring it down to your lap.