100th chapter

A/n: So that Wattys is quickly approaching and I wanted to ask you guys and gals if I should submit this story. It would be my first time even attempting to do it so should I? Is it worth it? What do you guys think? Comment if you have any advice or suggestions. Also, go check out one of my favorite writers versajoy. She is an amazing author, so please comment, like, and read her stories

It had started off as a stupid dare from Tony, but then it soon evolved into something much bigger...

"Okay Sam, you're up," Tony announces taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Fine, I want a dare" Sam remarks.

Tony stopped to think of one, taking about five minutes until his face lit up with an idea. HE turned to Nat for an approval. She quickly nodded, smirking at you. You could feel the uneasiness fill your stomach as Tony said, "I dare you to swap lives with y/n for a day"

"What?" Sam says spitting out his beer,"Is that even allowed?"

"According to the rules," Natasha sasses, "Oh wait, we don't have any,"

"Not fair," You complained.

"Well, your new lives start in about three hours so I would go prepare a list of everything Sam has to do," Tony says.

You run upstairs, quickly, to prepare the giant list of things that Sam needed to do for tomorrow.

*                                                                           *                                                                               *

"Write a new chapter of my book. Must be at least a thousand words," Sam reads aloud, "That's impossible,"

"It's what I do every day," you retort, "If you need inspiration, go on Pinterest."

"What's the next thing?" Natasha asked, picking at her nails.

"Check story demographics then edit any chapter that you see fit," Sam reads.

"That shouldn't be too hard," Tony remarks.

"Then its...read any comments, even if there are none," Sam says, "What do you mean 'even if there are none'?"

"So I write on a platform called Wattpad, and its free, so writers like me usually publish stories longer than 1k. The worst thing to experience is to publish a story and not receive any credit for the hours that you spent so that people can read it. Sometimes people lose inspiration and stop writing because they think people don't enjoy their stories," You explain.

"So why don't people just comment things like 'good job' or 'I really liked it'?" Natasha asks.

"If I knew, I would fix the problem..." You say trailing off.

"That was the last thing," Sam says, "Well I might as well get started on the story,"

*                                                                       *                                                                               *

"Y/n" Sam complains leaning his head on your shoulder, "Why is it taking so long?"

"Sam," You say setting your book down, "It's going to take a while for inspiration to hit. Did you look on Pinterest?"

"Noo," He says, "Should I do that?"

"Try, maybe you'll find something you like" You suggest before picking up your book.

About an hour later, you got a notification that Sam published a new part of your story. When you started to read, you could see some major plot holes and things that didn't make sense.

"Sam," You called, "come here for a second"

"Do you like it?" He said excitedly. 

"It's good, but now we have to go back and correct some problems I have with it. For example, how does that character get from his house to his work in under three minutes?" You say.

"Do you always have to do this?" Sam asks, flopping onto the couch dramatically.

"Yup." You say pulling him up and to the computer to edit it.

*                                                                       *                                                                                   *

By the end of the day, Sam was frustrated with the concept of your writing. 

"Why do you do this?" He says.

"Because I love to write. I love that I can make people's days a bit better. I love that I can take some of my favorite people and write stories about them. I love that I can challenge ideas and share my experience around the world." You tell him.

"Even when most people don't comment on it?" He asks.

"I have a small group of supporters like VanillaHorizonsamantha2001wweOuterspaceSebby, and a few others that support me with likes an comments, and that's all I need. Sure I would love some more comments, but I also know that I can't control that. As long as the things I publish are good enough for me, I think that people will enjoy it too." 

"That's nice," Sam says before falling asleep on your lap.

"Yeah, yeah that is" You whisper.