Campfire

A/n: This story deals with backpack camping. It is popular up north, because of the mountainous terrain. Basically, you climb a mountain (or large hill) and stay there for as long as you want. Usually, there is a lake or other source of water there, so its like camping. It's pretty cool.

As the pleasantly hot summer afternoon turned into evening, voices started to ring out from the campsite. Annabelle, your closest friend, began to sing. Her voice was soon accompanied by the voices of both your families, including you.

"I think I had enough, I might get a little drunk." She begins as her younger brother, Caleb,  starts to tap his feet.

"I say what's on my mind." You join her creating a good harmony, "I might do a little time"

"Cause all of my kindness is taken for weakness" You sister adds softly. 

"Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'. And we got three more days 'til Friday. I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'. I swear I wish somebody would tell me, Ooh, that's all I want" You three sing.

"Woke up an optimist" Caleb starts, "Sun was shinin', I'm positive"

"Then I heard you was talkin' trash" Your older brother joins, adding wild movements, "Hold me back, I'm 'bout to spaz"

With the girls, you intermix your voices with the boys, "I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'. And we got three more days 'til Friday. I'm tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'. I swear I wish somebody would tell me, Ooh, that's all I want ."

You stand ready to take the solo, "And I know that you're up tonight. Thinkin', 'How could I be so selfish?' But you called 'bout a thousand times. Wondering where I've been. Now I know that you're up tonight. Thinkin', 'How could I be so reckless?' But I just can't apologize. I hope you can understand" You take a bow, laughing, as Caleb stands up.

  "If I go to jail tonight. Promise you'll pay my bail. See they want to buy my pride, But that just ain't up for sale." He sings.  

"Cause all of my kindness is taken for weakness. Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'. And we got three more days 'til Friday. I'm tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'. I swear I wish somebody would tell me, Ooh, that's all I want"The five of you sing.

"Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'. And we got three more days 'til Friday. I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'. I swear I wish somebody would tell me, that's all I want" You finish alone.

"That was awesome," Annabelle says yawning, "Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go to bed".

Soon after you all followed suit.

*                                                                                            *                                                           *

It was like that for a few days. You do whatever you wanted during the day and at night you would gather by the campfire to sing one or two songs, before going to bed. Tonight was Pop Rock Bands. You passed a hat around with different names of bands. You were about to sing Payphone by Maroon 5 when a single arrow whizzed past your head. 

You screamed, and everyone looked at you. You pointed to a man the edge of the woods, a single arrow embedded in his heart. You thought you were alone here, but obviously not. Your parents exchanged looks with each other. You couldn't exactly go home, you would have to climb down the path, which was almost impossible at dusk. 

You slowly went closer to the man and saw a large octopus symbol on his chest. Your eyes, if possible, got even wider.

"Guys," you said sucking in a breath, "You might want to check this out"

"Oh, my goodness" Annabelle's mom says gasping. 

"No way. It...it can't be" Her husband says trying to comprehend the situation.

"Hydra" Annabelle whispered, staring at you, "I thought those were fake"

"Me too" You respond.

"Wait if that was one Hydra Agent, do you think" Your sister starts.

"Guys we need to get out of here. There is a big chance that..." You were about to finish when three more arrows rained down on the area near you. You all screamed, terrified for your lives.

"Wait" You screamed at the top of your lungs. "If that's Hydra, where are the..." You trail off looking closer at the arrows. You could see slightly that it had inscribed Property Of Clint Barton.

"Y/n, you need to check this out" Annabelle waved you over. She was holding a little trap that also had writing on it. Instead of saying it belongs to Clint Barton it said Property of Natasha Romanoff. 

"You know what this means right," She said.

"That the Avengers are in our world." You say as she nods

*                                                                    *                                                                            *

It was the morning of the next day. You yawned and turned to your sister. Dark lines were under her eyes. 

"Didn't get any sleep?" You said to her.

"No, I can't sleep knowing that one of those agents might still be out there," She says rubbing her eyes.

"Get some sleep, I'll go see who else is up. Maybe Annabelle will help me with Breakfast" You tell her. She lies down on her sleeping bag, closing her eyes. 

Stepping out of the tent, you see that Annabelle was the only other person up. She stirred the hot water, waiting to add the oatmeal mix.

"How did you sleep?" You ask handing her some bowls.

"Okay. The only reason I actually fell asleep was that I knew that we had some people guarding up." She says pouring the oatmeal into the bowls.

"Really? That was one of the reasons I couldn't fall asleep."

"Why?"

"Because it doesn't make sense Annabelle. What are they doing here? Why was Hydra hunting us? As far as I know, we are regular citizens."

"Maybe they just want to hold us for ransom?"

"See that would make sense if we were in town or something, not here. We were the only ones that knew about our spot. We are literally in the middle of nowhere."

"Well let's think, what do we know that Hydra doesn't?"

"Nothing except maybe...."

"Except what, Y/n?"

"Except that we are both huge Avengers fans. Both our families are."

"But that...That doesn't make any sense"

"Yes, it does. We are in the middle of nowhere. They could easily kidnap us, and say we got lost and never made it out. We have no way of calling help. No one was any major weapons. We are practically sitting ducks"

"So now what"

"We need to find the Avengers"

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't think we need to look far," She says pointing at something you.

"They are seriously behind me?"

"Ask and you shall receive," a familiar voice says. You turn around and see...