Chalk Drawings

You loved to draw. You loved the freedom it gave you. You loved how easy it was to lose yourself. One of your favorite concepts you liked to draw was fandoms. Last Tuesday you had created a big scene with Percy Jackson and Camp Half-Blood. This Monday you had created a drawing with Bilbo Baggins and Smaug. Today, you were going to draw the Avengers symbols. 

For every fandom, you had a personal connection with. For example, The Books of  Percy Jackson got you to read again. The Hobbit gave you knew insults to use on unsuspecting non-book worms. The Avengers were slightly different. When you had first watched the movies, you were in a dark place. Then after seeing the first three Marvel movies, you were happier and just a lighter person. So, in your eyes, you owed them your life.

You set out to draw the Avengers prized possessions. Thor had his Mjolner, Cap had his shield, Natasha got a pistol, Clint received his bow and arrows, Hulk had his glasses, and finally, Ironman had his helmet. You sketched the rough drafts in a light white color, that way you could just wash it off with a bit of water. 

You then went into deeper detail with the objects. Starting with the shield you began to color it a deep red. You were about to move onto the blue when a cough startled you. You jumped and glanced behind you at the stranger with the sunglasses.

"Umm hi?" You said fully turned around. You didn't want to be mean, but it was kinda strange that a man you had never seen tried to talk to you.

"Hi there, What are you drawing?" He asked taking a step forward.

"Avengers stuff," You said turning back to the drawing, "It's okay. I mean, it doesn't suck, but it isn't great either."

"I don't know. I don't think that I could draw this good" He says.

"Takes practice" You shrug, "I'm sorry if this comes off a bit creepy, but where do you live? I have never seen you here before so umm yeah" You trailed off. 

"It's fine," He says laughing, "I actually don't live around here just...visiting" 

"Oh well, it was nice meeting you," You say wanting to end the conversation.

"I was wondering if I could take a picture of your artwork." He says. You shrug and move out of the way so he could get a full picture.

"Thanks, I'll see you around?" He asks. 

"Yup, I'll be out here every day this week after school," You say as he walks off.

 *                                                                     *                                                                 *

You were scrolling on Twitter checking out some of the people you follow when you got a notification. You quickly opened it to see a picture posted on Robert Downey Jr.'s profile thingy. You quickly opened it and saw that it was your artwork. Below it read: Credits to Amazing Young Artist. Hanging out with Friends Tom, probably will swing by.

You squealed and immediately called your friend. It rang once before she picked it up.

"Is that your work?" She immediately asked, happily.

"It totally is." You replied laughing.

"I am so coming to your house tomorrow." She said.

"Omg, that's a great idea." You squealed before ending the call. You raced down the stairs and into the living room where your parents were watching the news.

"Moooom?" You drawled out, " Can Mia come over tomorrow?" 

"As long as it's okay with her parents," She said looking up at you.

"Thank you so much." You said as you ran back upstairs.

*                                                                            *                                                                     *

You were almost giddy with excitement as you and Mia rode home to your house. You parents, already knowing that the two of you were going to work on your drawing, parked the car as far as they could from the chalk. The two of you quickly changed and then headed outside to work. You hadn't been working more than thirty minutes when a familiar cough came from behind you. Mia, who had been working on adding a spiderman symbol above the original Avengers, shrieked as if someone was chasing her with a knife.

"Hey kid," Robert said nodding toward you, "Hey Kid's friend" 

"Hey sunglass man and his posse," You said looking up from Natasha pistol. There were a chorus of Hey's and Hi's.

"So...What do you want us to do?" He asked. You about to tell them what to do when Mia cut you off.

"Introduce yourselves, cause you know Stranger Danger," She says laughing.

"Okay, So I'm Robert. This is Chris, this is Elizabeth but we call her Lizzie. This is Sebastian. That's Anthony." He says. You give them a little wave.

"I'm Y/n, and this is Mia," you say pointing at Mia. She gives you a confused look and replies with:

"What are you talking about Mia? You're Mia and I'm y/n" 

"Shhh, y/n You just told these weirdos our real names. Now we can't feist them to the alien babies." You say in a loud whisper.

"Oh shoot," Mia says looking off to the side before you both hysterically laugh.

"Okay so all joking beside, That's Mia and I'm y/n," You says still smiling. 

"So how could are you guys at like drawing and stuff?" Mia asks.

"Well..." Elizabeth starts.

"I was told, you guys were the artist, not me. At least I'm better than Mackie" Sebastian says.

"Hey!" Anthony says.

"Omg! Your PDA is making me want to bleach my eyes out" You say falling onto Mia.

"You guys killed her," She says, faking a cry, "Oh well, I call her room" She pushes you off.

"Okay, Let's get started."

*                                                                                      *                                                                     *

"How did You end up with chalk on your face, Stan" You say looking at the actor who was a giant blue blotch on his cheek. He just shrugs and walks over to where you were finishing Thor's hammer.

"How come mine looks awful compared to yours?" He says.

"Umm maybe because I didn't get in a color war with Chris" You remark.

"He started it" Chris shouts.

"Boys" Lizzie mutters to you.

"I know right, its like they are six-year-olds trapped in a 34 year old body" You groan. You looked up at the sky, a storm quickly approaching.

"You guys should get going" Mia states also looking at the storm.

"Why?" They complain.

"Because It's about to rain" She tells them.

"It's a little rain, what harm can it do?" Anthony replies.

"Ok first, it's Florida Rain. Second, IT'S FLORIDA RAIN" She says.

"Yeah," You agree, "Florida had some Awful weather and I" CRASH. Lightning flicker across the sky as loud booms of thunder shook the ground. Rain started to dump bucket on your drawing making colors bleed into one another.

"Awe man" Chris grumbled.

"Sorry guys but" CRASH "You should probably get going."

"Okay bye" They all said at once and started to run to where ever they had rented out to stay.