Raven - Loki

We had finally arrived at the field to watch my brother play soccer. It was a warm spring day in South Florida, and I had brought my sketch book. Who am I? Well, I'm you. Anyways, I was on the sidelines of the field laying on a knitted gray blanket just minding my own business. I was friendly with some of my brother's teammates, so they came over to talk.

I'm not going to lie some of them flirted with me, but they just weren't my type. It was strange though, every time they would talk a bird would always crow. I didn't think anything of, I mean coincidences were meant to happen. I was drawing a picture when a teenager not much older than myself appeared.

"Hello," he said his eyes sparkling in the sunshine. They matched the grass but had a mischievous look to them.

"Hey," I said, not recognizing him from anywhere.

"What are you drawing," He asked.

"Oh, nothing," I said shielding my sketchbook.

"It's won't be that bad, showing me that is." He replied. He had this accent that I've never heard of before. It sounded a bit like Shakespeare, but well concealed.

"I don't know, I barely know you," I told him. I was pretty private as it is, but he was a complete stranger.

"Exactly, I don't even know your name. You probably won't see me again. I won't tell anyone" He tried to convince me.

"Fine, but maybe after I get to know you a bit better."

He eagerly nodded before asking, "So what do you want to know?"

"Well for starters, where are you from? You definitely don't sound like you're from around here"

"I'm not exactly around here, a whole different country," He says looking down, "What about you?"

"I'm from up north, Vermont to be exact," I say sadly.

"Oh, did something happen?" He said shyly.

"I don't know how to describe it other than guys are idiots" I replied.

"Not all of us, just most." He said rubbing my back soothingly.

*                                    *                           *

"So, how would you describe the perfect "man", so to speak." He asks abruptly.

"Oh, curious I see" I respond. He replies by rolling his eyes before I continue "I guess, as stupid as this sounds, kinda like a combination of Loki and Steve Rogers. I want someone that treats me with respect but also knows how to have fun. It's a shame that they are only in the movies."

"Oh, I see." He says with eyes twinkling for some unknown reason.

"What about you, what's your perfect woman?"

"Someone who knows he opinion and sticks by it. Someone that's gone through pain but looks for the silver lining. Someone who is loyal, but knows that even the closest people can betray you." He says looking at me, the sparkle still there. I blush but look down.

"She seems nice," I tell him, "Well since I won't see you again, I guess I should show you my picture now". I pull out my book and flip to the right page. It was a drawing of Loki's helmet and staff with the wording 'I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.'

"That's amazing," He said baffled.

"It's really not that good," I say shyly.

"Oh please, I couldn't draw that." He responds.

I was about to respond when my dad called me over and told me that we were leaving.

"Well, I have to go. Umm, I hope you find that perfect girl." I say quickly.

"Bye y/n." He calls out.

"Bye random stranger that knows my name, good luck," I call back.

"I don't need luck," He says softly, "I already have you"

*                                       *                    *

The stranger was right, I never saw him. For some reason though, he was always in my dreams promising to me that he would come back. I had, over the years, grown a slight crush on him hoping one day that he'd come back and whisk me off my feet away from all the heartbreak.

That day happened when I almost died. It had been an awful few months, and my depression had been slipping out of hand. All of my relationships had all ended poorly one way or another. One had been cheating, another abuse. I had lost my amazing job at a hospital because apparently, it's illegal to slap a man trying to hurt me. I just wanted it to end, so there I was standing on the edge of a building.

"Y/n , what are you doing?" A voice called out to me. I instantly turned around to see him leaning against a door.

"I...I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't suffer anymore." You whisper.

"Then don't. Come with me." He says, holding a hand out to me "Let me be your prince, and you, my princess."

"I can't, what if you leave me again?" You say.

"My darling, I have never left you. I have always been in your dreams promising to come back to you. Please don't do this, not when you can have a better life." He replies

"Okay." You say taking a step back from the ledge. He runs to you and pulls you into a hug.

"Never leave me again, my queen."He whispers.

"Only if you never leave me, my king" you respond, "please dear, let me know what your name is."

"Whatever you like."

"Loki. You seem like a Loki."

"Then, that is my name."