Chapter 40

Review Please. What did Poor Zero get himself in to? 

Chapter 40 Moving Forward

A few more week go by and Kaname is home. He asks Yuki and Zero into his office. "Well its been a month. I know this is a lot to take in. But I do need an answer soon Zero. I also felt it should be only fair to give you a way out."Kaname states. "What do you mean a way out?" Zero asks. Looking at Yuki. "Well, my dear wife put you in the middle of this big mess. If you don't want to marry her. That's fine with me. Once the child is born. You can leave and take the child with you. Then your free to do what you want. The child couldn't stay without you. Everyone will know its not mine. If you take it. Everything will remain hidden." Kaname states. "Yuki's heart drops, holding on her to belly. Trying her best not to show how much that hurt to Kaname. "A child needs its mother." Zero states. "True, but in this case. She could never see it. The true fact that you two had it together could never come out. You would raise the child alone. It would live a level D life with you. No one would think better of it." Kaname replies. Yuki just walks out of the office. Not able to hear anymore. She goes upstairs into Zero's Quarters. Not even waiting for Zero to make a decision.

"Do you really think I would leave her Kaname?" Zero asks. "For your own safety, I would hope you would. You're not going to like being married and stuck to me. Any more than I to you." Kaname remarks. "Maybe not, but I love her and I want my child. I want my child to have its mother. I don't play the tricks you do." Zero announces."You do know I will have to touch her in some way at the ceremony. I have to have her scent on me and me on her. Are you going to be able to handle that? " Kaname asks." I Guess. I will have no choice. It will only be that one time. I will be right there. But like I said before You keep your thing to yourself. No intercourse." Zero states. "That's fine. I have other ways to get her to come undone." Kaname grins. Zero giving him an evil look. "She is my real wife Zero. Being married to both of us. She can sleep with both of us. Just as right now. She is pissed at me. Using you to get me back in every way possible. She proved her point." Kaname states. "If she wanted to sleep with you, she wouldn't be in my bed every night. " Zero says with his own grin. "For now. We have forever its a long time. Not to mention the games she plays. This whole thing was a set up by her. Its why I am offering you the way out. Which I see you're not taking." Kaname remarks. "I am not leaving her. She wants to be with him. I feel the same. I want to make it clear that I am marrying her. Not really you."Zero answers. "Everyone will see you marry us both. They need to. You need them to think I'm ok with this. That I don't mind sharing her. I am going to say its a treaty with the hunters. An Agreement we came up with. To make Hunters and Vampire work together. So that no one interferes in this." Kaname states. "Whatever you need. I am sure Yagari and Kaien will go along with. They will protect us as well." Zero states. "Yes. Its what I am hoping for." Kaname responds.

After there Conversation Zero goes up into his Quarters looking for Yuki. Knowing she was pretty upset when she left. Zero walks into his bathroom to Yuki sitting on the floor next to the toilet dry heaving, tears streaming down her face and her holding her stomach. " Yuki are you ok?"Zero asks. "No, He not only wants you to leave, he wants to take my child away as well." Yuki says. "I am not going anywhere. I will do it. I will marry you...and him." Zero answers. "Are you sure? I know I put you in this. If you want out, this is your way." Yuki says. "I want to be with you and our child. The right way. We will handle this. It will be ok. It's only once right?" Zero asks. "Yes. Then he never has to touch me again in that way. Its just so they know he agrees and is sharing me with you willingly." Yuki states. "Maybe he is. But I'm not."Zero mumbles under his breath. Picking her up and taking her to the bed. Wiping her tears away. Yuki can't seem to calm herself down. Not even in Zero's arms. She just holds her stomach. The fear that Kaname will take the child away evident. It seems to hurt her even more than him taking Zero away. He got her that time. And good. She didn't see that coming. Granted Zero didn't give in, but Kaname made her know. He could blow up her plan if he wanted to. Zero just holds her tight, the rest of the night. Now being extra gentle with her since she told him she was pregnant.

His vampire instincts to protect her higher than ever before. He didn't want anyone touching her in any way. How was he going to get through this ceremony? He would have to grin and bear it. No matter what. In the end, he would be her legal husband. Able to make decisions for her and their child. Which would take a bit of Kaname's Control away. Zero felt he could do this. It was better in a way, then the current situation. Where he never knew when Kaname would ask him to leave. He knew he had to do it.