Chapter 8

Chapter 8 Wondering.

Zero spends most of the Afternoon with Ai. He enjoys every minute. When it comes time for her nap, Zero leaves and goes back to his own room. He goes on the large king size bed and winds up falling asleep himself. Since he really didn't, get much sleep at all the night before he dreams Of Yuki. Holding her close to him, his lips touching hers. Each year she has been away, the dreams have gotten more vivid. He has taken his dreams all the way. Where in reality, he wouldn't think it was even possible. Just the thought of her drives his body insane. Hungering for her blood and also her body. Reminding him of what Takuma said earlier, how she felt the same.

Zero still didn't believe a word from either Kaname or Takuma. He thinks there is something more going on. Something they are hiding. Maybe just planning on getting rid of him, since Kaname was done using him. Not to mention, there was no sign of Yuki in this place. She never appeared. She didn't eat with them she wasn't taking care of Ai. It was like she didn't exist. They didn't take him to her today either so far. What are they hiding?

It was time for dinner, Zero gets up. Going downstairs. Sitting at the table. 

"Hello, Takuma," Zero says.

 "Hello, Zero. I hope you enjoyed your day?" Takuma asks. 

"Yes. I enjoyed spending time with Ai. She is very sweet." Zero replies.

 "Yes very. She is amazing, to be honest." Takuma says.

 Kaname walking into the dining room. "Berta you can bring supper. Hanabusa is working late in the lab. Please leave his dish on the side. Thank you." Kaname remarks. 

"So you met Ai today?" Kaname asks. 

" Yes, she is lovely. You would never know she was part of you."Zero hisses.

 Kaname giving Zero a glare. "Well, she is. The good part of me, also the good part of Yuki. It's what makes her so special. She is an exceptional child. It's just sad she doesn't have her mother as she should." Kaname comments. 

"Is Yuki even in this house? I haven't seen anything to say she is." Zero huffs.

 "Yes, In her own room. She doesn't move from it."Kaname states.

 "The Yuki I knew, couldn't sit still. She would never stay in one room long enough. She would get bored."Zero replies.

 "Yes, I remember that Yuki full of life bubbly and alive. I haven't seen that side of her in a long time. I think the birth of Ai took a lot out of her. I thought It would have been a special time. It didn't turn out that way."Kaname reveals.

 "I can't see Yuki that way about her own child. She is so warm and loving. I only see her being all over the child, not to mention, all over you."Zero snaps.

 "I thought that same about the child. Just her inner demons seem to come out more after she had her. She hasn't been all over me in ages. I forget what that is like. She hasn't come near me since the child's birth. It did more damage than good." Kaname states.

 "When will I get to see Yuki? Last night you told me in a few, It's been all day. I haven't seen any sign of her." Zero huffs. 

"To be honest with you, Zero I am not even sure she will know your here. I will take you to her room later this evening if you like. I can't promise you much more." Kaname admits.

 "Yes. I want to go to her room I need to see. What is going on? Since all you people do, Is talk in riddles. Shit, if you would just come out with it." Zero says.

 " I see you never change Zero. Does the sarcasm even weigh you down?" Kaname asks. 

"No. I state it as I see it. I don't beat around the bush like others." Zero remarks.