Chapter 185

Chapter 185 Questions arise.

Around 3 in the morning, Alex comes downstairs. Going to Kaname's office. "Well, it took you long enough. What is the update? What took so long?" Kaname snaps. "Sorry, Things were pretty bleak when you took her home. Sara shot her with an anti-vampire weapon. It didn't hit her heart or head. Yet it did do some damage." Alex answers. "Will she be ok? Was that why she was out on top of him?" Kaname asks. "No, that's not all. The shot wouldn't have killed her, just hurt her. It will take a while for her to heal from it. But it seems from her grief, she put herself to sleep. She wanted to die next to him." Alex states. "Damn her! I knew it! I fucking knew it!" Kaname shouts. "Kaname, I never seen you act like this before. This is more like Kiryu than you." Alex responds. "And him?" Kaname answers. "She shot him through the heart. He had no chance. Sara knew exactly what she wanted to do. You don't have to worry about Kiryu any longer. What do you want me to do with his Ashes?" Alex asks. "Shit, Shit. SHIT! If she ever wakes from this. She will never let me live it down. She will never get over this. God damn it, even in death he will haunt me! Give me his Ashes. When Yuki wakes we will have a burial." Kaname growls. "She put herself to sleep, we both know she isn't coming out of that any time soon. We do that to get away from it all. A lot of purebloods do it when they lose a loved one. Some stay asleep for decades. You know that. You yourself have done it." Alex responds. "She can't stay asleep for years. She has two children that need her. I am not going through this alone. Think of a way to get her up!" Kaname snaps. "You know if you do that she will hate you. It's not what she wants." Alex comments. "At this moment I don't care what she wants. She has gotten what she wants for two years. It's time to get over it and live life. She has two young children here. She is going to raise them! Wake her the hell up!" Kaname Screams.

Alex knowing that this has totally rattled him. This was the best revenge Sara could ever get.  Kaname was on edge. Saying things he would never say under normal circumstances. He was coming unraveled. Kaname's life was turned upside down in a flash. Alex knew just what Kaname would be going through. He would never be happy. Yuki would always want Zero. Now never being able to have him, would only make it worse for Kaname. Living in his shadow. Alex just laughs as he goes back upstairs. "There you go, my lord. How smart are you now? Let's see you win this one." Alex laughs.

Kaname sits at his desk, taking a drink. Trying to cool his nerves. Feeling he isn't thinking straight. For the first time, he is letting his emotions rule him. "This isn't what a pureblood does. Get yourself together. Stop this." Kaname remarks to himself. Taking a deep breath. "At least she isn't dead."

As he sits there, he thinks a little more calmly. "Something doesn't seem right. The shirt I gave Zero, was bulletproof. He shouldn't have died. We knew what we were after. Wasn't he wearing it? He wouldn't be that stupid, would he? Damn him. He wasn't supposed to die. This wasn't what we planned. He would go in, leaving Sara at Yuki's mercy. She would kill her and they would walk away. He made sure Zero would be safe. How did this happen?" Kaname thought. Still not his true self at the moment.

He needed some rest. He needed to just lay down and think more about this in the morning. He was getting nowhere with this. Just making things worse in his own mind. He goes upstairs and lays down in his bed. Just taking a breather. Feeling tomorrow morning, he will talk to Hanabusa. He trusted him. He wouldn't lie to him.