Chapter 53

Comments please :)

Chapter 53 Getting back up

"Everything ok? You seem a little on edge." Zero asks. Taking off his shirt. "Everything is fine. How was your day at work?" Yuki asks. "It was good. I couldn't wait to come home to you." Zero says pulling her close. Yuki just holding him tight. Her feelings all over the place. She so didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want any lies between them either. She just knew if she told Zero what took place. It would set him off. He could do something, they couldn't come back from. It was better, she kept it to herself. And tried to see what she could do. From making it happen again.

They spend the rest of the night in their own quarters. Eating dinner and spending time together. Yuki trying not to let on. Just how upset she really is. Trying to get what took place this afternoon. Out of her mind. But she couldn't. She would just lay close to Zero. Holding on to him. Feeling safe in his arms. He noticed something was up, and how tight she was clinging to him. "Babe, are you sure your ok? You seem a little off tonight." Zero says. "I just want to be close to you. I missed you. I want you to just hold me. I feel so safe with you." Yuki answers. "I am glad I can make you feel that way. You know. I would do anything to protect you. If something is bothering you. You know you can tell me." Zero states.

"I know. I can't wait till our house is done. Then we can leave here. I just want to be us. I want out of here." Yuki confesses. "I know you do. We have a few more months for that though. There is a lot of work to be done. The place is a mess." Zero answers. "I know. With you at work. I miss you. I liked it better when you were here all the time." Yuki remarks. "Yea me too. I just can't live off of you. I don't like it. Plus I love my job. " Zero comments. " They are not going to send you away are they?" Yuki asks. "Not at the moment but there will be times the job isn't in town here. Then I will go away. I went away a lot in the past. I like working in the field. Its better than being at a desk. Being with the others. All they ever did was judge me. I was never good enough. Yet, I was the strongest badest Hunter. They never could get over it. I was a vampire. It's not like I chose this."Zero hisses. "I didn't either, but I also don't regret what I am. I just try to live a normal life with it." Yuki replies. "Me too. We don't do what the normal vampires do. Sleep all day, up all night. We try to follow our human lives." Zero states. "I am a pureblood. I can go days without sleep. Even weeks it wouldn't affect me. Its why Kaname can get so much done. We just try to make it like a normal life to go to sleep and eat regular food. Which all we need is blood. Its what really fuels us." Yuki responds.

Yuki sits there and talks with Zero. They spend most of the night talking. She falls asleep in his arms. In the morning he gets up for work. Getting dressed. Yuki right behind him. Heading out of the house. Not wanting to stay there. Zero goes to the association. Yuki goes to the apartment.

"Hello, Ben." Yuki says to the construction worker. "Hello, Mrs. Kiryu. How may I help you?" He asks. "I need you to hire more men. Or do whatever you need to. To get this place finished as soon as possible. I need out of my current home. So, I need this place fixed. If that means more money. That's fine. More men. That's fine. Just figure out a way for it to be done. " Yuki says. " Ok madam I will see what we can do.

Ben hires more men to come in to get the show on the road. Yuki wants to waste no time. Getting out of the Manor. More than ever she wants away from Kaname. Feeling in her own house. She will have more say. Maybe she can make it that he can't come all the time. Or do something to keep him tamed. She just has to figure out what. The first thing needed was a place to get away from him. She needed this house done ASAP.