Chapter 118

Chapter 118 Asking.

A few months have gone by. Everything went back to normal. Zero and Yuki's marriage is wonderful. Just like it was before. The dark side of Yuki has stayed under control. Zero making sure of it. Keeping her happy in the sex department. Making love to her every night. And once a month spending the night in bed wearing her out. Just in his own way. Where there wasn't hurting himself. Without her Dark side things were gentle and loving. Zero was the one to get rough. She was way under control. Zero liked that he could do that. He could tame her. They had a regular everyday marriage in everything else. Going to work, eating dinner. Spending family time together. Ren was going on two. Time was passing by. Yuki did as Zero said and stayed away from Kaname. Not even bringing him up in conversation. It was like he didn't exist. Kaname didn't go near them either. He stayed away. Knowing if Zero was good enough to keep her away from Ai. Things were bad. Kaname just knew sooner or later, the dark side would return. Bringing her back to him. He knew Yuki better than she knew herself. They shared a lot during there four year marriage. Things that normal people don't.

One day when Zero comes home from work. He sees Yuki on the computer. Doing some shopping. "Hey, babe. What are you shopping for?" Zero asks. "Just some things to send Ai for her 5th birthday. I can't believe she is turning five already." Yuki says. In a low tone. "Yes. Time really did go by. Are you giving them to her in person?" Zero asks. Wondering if she is going to go see her. Or keep her promise. "No, I am having everything shipped to her. She should get it a few days before her birthday. " Yuki replies. "That's nice." Zero responds. Seeing a sadness in her. Knowing that at least on this day. They should be together. Just not wanting her to be around Kaname.

The next day at work, Zero sits there and thinks. Feeling that this isn't right. There needs to be a way. At least for the birthday. Zero picks up the phone to give Kaname a call."Hello." Kaname says. "I need to speak to you." Zero says. "What do you need. Its been months I haven't heard from you and now you call. When you want something." Kaname hisses. "It's not for me. It's for Ai. Her birthday is coming up. Would you at least let her come to our house for a few hours to be with her mother?"Zero asks. "Why should I?" Kaname replies. "Because its the right thing to do for both of them." Zero states. "Yuki left her for you. She got what she wanted. Now the question is. Are you worth it?" Kaname comments. "Stop the bullshit. Her staying away has a lot to do with me. I know. I am stepping up. Why don't you for once."Zero snaps. "For Ai. I will." Kaname says. "Good. I don't want you near Yuki. Just Ai."Zero remarks. "You have a lot of nerve with your demands. You are the one calling me! I will drop Ai off but I am not leaving. I will sit in the car with the driver. She can stay for three hours. Then I take her home." Kaname replies. "That's fine. Its better than nothing. Also, Yuki is sending her gifts. Make sure she gets them. This is between us. Not Ai." Zero says. "Your the one keeping them away from each other." Kaname answers. "Your the one that didn't let her take her." Zero replies. "No, I knew if she did. I wouldn't see her again. I know her games Zero. You're new to them. I'm not. Did she turn on you yet? Let you see the real her? The one that can bite your head of, but for some reason you like it?" Kaname laughs. "You're a very sick man." Zero replies. "You just wait. She is sicker than us both. You can hide her all you like. What lives in her will return." Kaname answers. "What did you do to her, that she hated you so much? That pushed her to this?" Zero asks. "That's something you need to ask our wife." Kaname replies. "Whatever. " Zero says and hangs up.

Zero was never letting on that he did see her dark side. That the one night she did turn on him. Using Kaname against him. To get what she wanted. That at least he could control it. Keeping the dark away to a degree. Not like Kaname. He was scared about what Kaname said. Knowing that when he said things in the past. It was true. Even though Zero hated him. He knew it. The part of her wanting them both. Kaname didn't lie, he just saw it before Zero did. Zero not really wanting to see it. Now he did. He knew her dark side craved both of them. He was just trying to see. How long he could control that. Still wondering very much, what Kaname did to her in the past. Knowing it was more than keeping her held up in that Manor. It was a mixture of things. He made her dark side come out. Which Zero wished never would have happened.