Chapter 67

Chapter 67 Dinner.

While Zero is opening the front door to leave. Yuki runs down the stairs, straight into his arms. "Zero." She says. Putting her arms around him and giving him a big kiss. He drops his briefcase and suitcase. Putting his arms around her as well. She starts kissing him passionately, jumping into his arms. Her legs around his waist. "Babe, I have to go to work." Zero tries to say, As Yuki undoes his belt."They can wait."She says with a snicker. Zero gives in to her seduction. Which doesn't take much. He carries her over to the sofa. And makes love to her. Kissing her everywhere. 

As he tries to put his clothes back on. She just watches him. "I am going to miss you."Yuki says. Sliding her nightgown back on. "I will miss you also. I promise. I will be back as soon as I can. I will call you tonight as well." Zero says. Kissing her again before picking up his suitcase and briefcase. Yuki walks him to the door. Watching as he gets into the jeep and pulls away. A piece of her heart going with him. She knew he would return. She was starting to trust that a little more now. She just was going to miss him. She loved being with him. She got very spoiled. When he was at the Manor and didn't leave her. She wished in a way, they could go back to that. But she knew that wasn't Zero. Zero had to keep himself busy. She would do anything to make him happy. So she would remain quiet. Even though, she hated his job. It scared her. Even with her and Kaname's protection. Something could always go wrong.

During the day, Yuki was up and dressed and taking care of the kids. Just a normal everyday routine. When she see's Kaname walk through the door. "Hey, How are you?" Kaname asks. "I'm Good. I see you're finally here to see your quarters. "Yuki says. "Yea. I thought. I would stay a few days. Spend some time with you and Ai. I missed you both. I have just been so busy with work. I also know your busy with the kids."Kaname says. "Yes, I been very busy with them." Yuki answers. "You look a little upset. Are you ok? Kaname asks. 'Zero had to go away for work. I miss him. I wish he didn't have to go." Yuki says. "Well, you have me. I will keep you company. I think it worked out great. I don't get in his way. He doesn't get in mine." Kaname responds. " I guess." Yuki responds. "How about I cook you some dinner tonight? "Kaname replies. "You Cook? Did, I hear that right?" Yuki says with a giggle. "Ok Ok. I will order something. Give you a break. We can sit down and catch up."Kaname states. "Ok. Sounds good." Yuki remarks.

Kaname helps with the kids. Spending time with them and Yuki all day. Having a nice time. Yuki goes to put the kids to bed. As Kaname sets the dinner table and orders their dinner. Kaname didn't know how to cook. He always had cooks, maids, people waiting on him. But he wanted to do something for Yuki. He knows. She was tried from the kids. Plus he wanted to get on her good side. He knew while Zero was away. He would move closer to her. It was his chance. He thought it was about time, something moved forward. He was giving them plenty of time alone. It was now his turn. Just trying to do it in a better way, then he had previously. Knowing the rough way got him nowhere. He thought he would change his tactics.

Yuki comes downstairs to the table set and dinner already here. They both sit down and Kaname serves the food. Also pouring the wine. Handing a glass to Yuki. "Thank you." Yuki says. "You're very welcome." Kaname remarks. "The food smells yummy." Yuki answers. "Yes, it does. It's the new Italian place that just opened. I thought. I would give it a try." Kaname states. Yuki smiles as she eats. They continue to eat. And make small talk. Yuki knows what Kaname is after. She just doesn't know how to fight or push it away. She knows she has long enough. It was getting harder and harder to make excuses. Not even knowing why Kaname wanted this so bad. Was it because he wanted her? Or just to piss off Zero? Or to just prove a point. She was figuring it probably was a little of each.

She just sits there staring at him. His brown locks falling in his face as he eats. His black shirt opened three buttons. Revealing some of his chest. His long slender fingers. She remembered. Why she fell so hard for him once. He definitely wasn't hard on the eyes. She looked into his large deep brown eyes. Just listening to him talk about his trip. Still thinking about Zero and hoping he was ok. No matter how good Kaname looked. Zero always seems to make his way back into her mind and heart. It never seems to be that he was gone. She loved him dearly. But at the moment, she noticed. She didn't mind Kaname. She wasn't in love with him again. But didn't mind being around him. Talking to him. He was being nice and they were getting along. She hoped that would stay this way. She noticed that he even gave them freedom. And backed off. She saw a lighter side of him. The one that she knew years ago. The one she fell so in love with. He could do no wrong. She just knew better this time around. She couldn't just give herself up to him. She was scared if she opened up. He would only hurt her again. Their past was too destructive to let go of. There were some things. She would never forget.