Chapter 108

Chapter 108 Meeting

During, dinner Yuki is a bit on edge. A little worried about what Zero found out. Not wanting him to know. What she really was. What she could really do. Not to mention feeling very uncomfortable about Kaname. She just hoped Kaname would keep his mouth closed. Otherwise Zero would learn how dangerous she really was. What she turned into. She knew in a way Zero couldn't handle it. He really only saw her as the sweet innocent girl at Cross. She was far from that now.

"After, Dinner I would like to talk to you in your office Kaname." Zero says. "Sure not a problem." Kaname replies looking at Yuki. Who just looks at her, plate not at Kaname. Kaname knows. What Yuki is frightened about. He knows he needs to protect her. As always.

After dinner all three head to Kaname's office. Taking their seats. "What is it that you need to speak to me about?" Kaname asks. "Today I went to the crime scene of the death of the mayor. It was a pretty brutal scene. 135 men dead. Turned to dust." Zero replies. "Do they know who did it?" Kaname asks. "Not at the moment. There isn't very much evidence. Just one thing that could foil the murder." Zero states. What was that?" Kaname says. "The picture. It was taken to the lab for prints. The prints will tell who did it." Zero comments. "Ah, I see." Kaname answers. "Not to mention it was the funniest thing. The murderer must have flown out of the room. After they killed the Mayor. There was no blood trail out the door. Which one of you did it?" Zero asks. Yuki sitting in her chair, with no reaction. Zero couldn't read her. She was blank. Kaname was also. It was what they did best. "What makes you think it was one of us?"Kaname asks. "Because only a pureblood has familiars that can fly. One being you Kaname as a bat, and Yuki with her butterflies." Zero answers. "Well if you must no it was me." Kaname reveals. Drinking his glass of wine. Like he just admitted to buying a pair of shoes. Not murdering someone. "Why did you do that?" Zero snaps. "Because as long as he was alive, he would bring all of us grief. I know how you two are. You don't keep your hands off each other. There will probably be more children down the line. I just protected them from now. I am sure another beast will come in the way but at least one is down." Kaname says calmly. "We don't even know if we can have other children. This was a stupid thing to do. Why did you leave the photo? You should have known better!" Zer snaps louder. "Look, Others had to see what happened to him. So they would know better to come after us. I am sure you will take care of the prints. Yuki now looking at Kaname with deep sad eyes. He just had to admit to something he didn't do. Just to protect her. It was something he was doing a lot lately. Just to make her happy. She knew he really did care, even though their relationship had issues.

"You can't just spring shit like this on me. You should have told me. Should of let me know what you were planning. And that doesn't mean I condone any of it. Wasn't there a better way? Quieter? You killed 135 innocent men." Zero says. "They were not innocent. They knew what they got themselves into. They were working for him. Who do you think stole your son? He had more than one behind it. One is sitting in our jail cell downstairs. I am sorry for springing it on you. But I am sure you can handle it. It's nothing worse then you had to take care of in the past. Just destroy the photo. If I need to I can take care of it myself. If you're not able to." Kaname comments. "I will do it! Damn you. " Zero snaps walking out of the office.

Yuki getting up to walk out with him. Whispering. "Thank you." to Kaname. He just nods and goes back to his regular work. Thinking nothing of what he just admitted to.

"Did you know he would do that?" Zero asks. "Yes. Its the way we do things here. There was no way he could live Zero. He would never leave us or our son alone. You must know that deep down." Yuki answers. "Yes, I do. But like I said that was a brutal way. " Zero remarks. "It had to be. Otherwise, the rest wouldn't know better. The one with the most power wins. The one they fear most. You know everyone fears Kaname. He has to stay that way, to keep his control." Yuki says. "Yea be the evil bastard he always is." Zero comments. "Sometimes you have to be evil. It's just how the world works." Yuki replies. "You don't see anything wrong with this do you?" Zero asks. "No. I don't. What if when you asked. I would have told you I did it?" Yuki asks. Looking deep into Zero's eyes. "I Wouldn't believe it. I would hope you wouldn't do a thing like that. You're not like him. You're so much better." Zero states. "Zero I love you with all my heart. I just need to you to know. That we are cut from the same cloth. I can be worse them him. I just need to you to get over it." Yuki admits. "That would take a long time." Zero answers.

It was just like Yuki thought. Zero couldn't see her that way. She was thankful that Kaname saved her yet again. She just knew those prints wouldn't. They would tell the real truth. Did she let them? Or steal them? That was what went through her mind. It would reveal what she really was. Zero would have to deal or let go. Could she hide who she is always? Then if things like this didn't come around. She could be the woman he truly wanted. He tamed her for a year. He could do it again.