Chapter 66

chapter 66 Work

A few more weeks go by and Zero and Yuki are pretty much back into their regular routine. Yuki tries her best to give Zero the attention. He craves. Putting the kids to bed early to be with him. It's just what Zero wants. Having no complaints. Kaname still has been leaving them alone. Which Zero also likes. He knows it won't be forever. That he will return to be an ass. It's just how things went. Zero went back to work at the association. Enjoying his job and his life. This was the happiest. He has ever been. He is at the top of his job. Them sending him on day trips and even wanting to send him away for more than one day. Yuki's not very happy with that. She hates to be away from him. Zero just knows its part of the job. He has done it in the past a lot. It's just different now having a family. Leaving both Yuki and the baby. He knows his next job calls for it. He has to tell Yuki. He isn't very happy about it. He knows, how she gets.

"Babe, I'm home." Zero says. Walking into the house. Putting his briefcase on the floor. "Daddy!" Ai says running to him. "Hey Pumpkin." Zero replies lifting her up and spinning her around. Yuki walking out of the kitchen holding baby Ren. "Welcome home handsome." Yuki replies. Zero giving her a kiss as he sits down at the dinner table. "You look so tired Zero." Yuki adds. "Its been a long day. I can't wait to get to bed." Zero replies. "Well, let's eat dinner first. " Yuki says. "I need to talk to you about something also. I know you're not going to like it much But they are sending me away for two days."Zero states. " Zero I really wish you wouldn't go away. I need you here. I miss you. I worry." Yuki replies. "I know, but I have to. It's my job. I will be back before you know it. I promise. It's only two days. That way you will get to over baby Ren." Zero says with a smile. "Yea blame it on the little one."Yuki smiles.

After dinner, they put the kids to bed, heading to bed themselves. Zero cuddling up close to Yuki. Knowing she really doesn't like the idea of him going away. He knows. He will miss her as well. But its only two days. He also knows. That Kaname said he would be coming over this week. Zero hates to leave them two alone in the same house together. He knows what Kaname is after. Then in another way. Maybe it's better he doesn't see whats going on. He still doesn't know which way he prefers it. Knowing or not knowing. Either way to him. Makes him sick. but he knows its part of the deal. He tries to block it out of his mind. Holding her close to him.

The next morning Zero gets up and packs his bag. Getting the items. He will need for his two day trip. Yuki just sitting in bed pouting. "Babe. It's two days. I will be home before you know it. You get the king size bed to yourself." Zero says. "I don't care about that. I miss you already. You know how I am when you're not here." Yuki replies. "I will be back if that is what you're worried about. I promise you. I am coming back." Zero responds. "I know. I just wish you had a regular job. One that didn't send you away." Yuki says. "Sorry, this one always has sent me away. I am the only one for the job. They need me. It was the one thing. I was always good at."Zero states. "You are good at many things Zero. Just please Be careful. You do know that Kaname will be coming over?" Yuki asks. "Yes. If you are telling me so I won't go. It's not working. I can't go back on my word." Zero says. "I was telling you so you knew. I don't want any secrets. I want to be honest with you about everything. Even if it's uncomfortable." Yuki remarks. "Good. I feel the same. I know you will be safe with him. At least you won't be all alone. He might try something...I just don't want to think about it."Zero says. "I love you Zero."Yuki says. "I love you too." Zero replies

Getting his bags. Kissing Yuki goodbye. On the way out he checks on the kids. Who are still sleeping in bed. He kisses them. Walking downstairs to the door. Feeling nervous. Not knowing what Kaname will do. Now that he will be fully alone with Yuki in the house. Zero won't be able to stop anything that happens if he isn't here. But could he even if he wasn't? It was the deal...It was the rule. Zero knew he would think about this the whole trip. It was like Takuma said. Kaname wasn't going to stop trying. Just try more. At least, for the most part, they lived alone and were on there own. Zero hoped that in time Kaname would get bored and just leave them alone. It was all a game to Kaname. To just be able to wiggle himself back into Yuki's life and bed. Maybe once he was the thrill would be over. he would let go. Zero could dream, can't he?