Chapter 184

Chapter 184 Grief

Kaname stays in his office. Pacing the floor. The thoughts of Yuki, not here anymore take over his whole being. He doesn't know, what he would do without her. How would he raise these two children? One wasn't even really his. Would he be able to raise the child of his enemy? To look at him and always see Zero. Would kill him. Then if Yuki didn't come out of this. The child had no one. It wasn't fair to him. He was only two years old. He had a lifetime left. Actually lifetimes. He as strong and would live 1,000's of years. To start out like this would be a shame. It just made Kaname even madder to think, Yuki wouldn't even consider this. She would just lay down and die right next to Zero. She was supposed to love their son so much, Yet she gave up. Willing to leave him behind. Not to mention Ai. Who always got the shit from everything. That hurt Kaname more than anyone really knew. She wasn't wanted from her mother from the start. She was left behind, just to make Zero happy. What mother does that? Kaname knew she wasn't conceived in the best way, but still, it was her child. The thoughts burned him through and through. He grabs his wine glass and throws it across the room. Hitting the wall. Breaking into a thousand pieces. Just like his heart at the moment.

He also thought that things would never be the same even if she awoke. Putting up with her grief would be unreal. Just another thing for him to deal with. To have to face. After everything, she has put him through. He still loved her. Still wanted her. Just now, he didn't think that was possible. He had more hope with Zero being here. That she would have them both and be happy. Now all his hope was shattered. This was far from what he wanted. Feeling he would be blamed for this as well as everything else that has happened. He always got the blame. It was just how Yuki felt toward him now. He was getting used to it. Their relationship was nothing but toxic at times.

The time was passing as he waited to hear from Hanabusa and Alex. It was like years instead of hours. Coming undone minute by minute. Thinking if she succeeded in what she wanted to do. How do I explain this to our daughter? Your mother left you again, not thinking about you. Only of herself and HIm! Knowing That he really couldn't say that. Or how he truly felt. He would have to phrase that a whole different way. What does he say to Ren? Now he was just a two year old, but he wouldn't be forever. "Your mother loved your father more than anyone else in her life. So she wanted to die?" Kaname just growled to himself thinking of that. How could SHe!!!!!

"My lord, I heard a glass break. Are you ok?" Takuma says coming into the office. "NO, I am not ok. It's been hours. I haven't heard a thing. My mind is jumping everywhere. God damn it. She wanted to do a Romeo and Juliet. I can't get this out of my mind. How could she!? It's all I keep saying to myself." Kaname shouts. Disturbed to no end. Takuma seeing his handshake. He has never seen Kaname like this before in his whole life. Kaname was always calm, never showing, how he truly felt. Not this time. He was coming undone more and more. Nothing holding him back. All the emotions from tonight, from the last two years. Finally coming out.

Takuma sees the broken glass on the floor. The wall with a crack. "I am sure they will be down shortly. I know your upset. We don't know any of the facts just yet. She could be fine." Takuma says. Trying to calm Kaname down. "You don't get it. Either way, she will never be Ok again. I am not blind to it Takuma. I know her. I know how she feels. I may have overlooked it before. Not now. I know better. SHe left her whole life to be with him. She did anything, she could to make him her husband. To be with him. This isn't going to be ok." Kaname growls. "I know your the one always picking up the pieces. Did you ever stop to think, maybe now you can prove yourself? Be the person she needs? Wants?" Takuma answers. "I'm not him. Can she want me like that?" Kaname says. Not sure about anything at this moment. "She did once. There was a time she loved you dearly. You need to try to get that back. There will be no interference this time." Takuma states. "That's what you think. He will always be in the middle. Nothing will ever change that. His freaking son is upstairs sleeping. Under my roof. He will be under my roof always now. If she succeeds or not. I have to take him as my own. Or they will bring him to the wolves. God Damn her! She had to have his child. She just had to! Screwing him wasn't enough." Kaname snaps. "If she survives this, Ren may be your only hope. It's part of him. Its why she wanted him. You need to remember that My lord. You need to sit down and think clearly. WHich I know at the moment you can't." Takuma responds. "No, at the moment I see red. I see she did the dumbest shit. Now I have to deal. I have to pretend everything is ok. She just wants to up and leave us for Good. Leaving everyone else behind. Like we never mattered to her. We are not good enough for her. Only he was!"Kaname says cracking the windows behind him.

"Takuma knew that Kaname couldn't get over her wanting to just leave him. This time if she succeeds it would be for good. That is what really was getting to him. To never see her again, would kill him. He loved her dearly. He put up with so much in the last two years. Just hoping it would make her come back to him. Not forever take her away. If she died, he would never see her again. Or hear her voice. It would be truly over.