chapter 161

Chapter 161 The way it should be.

Back at the townhouse. Yuki and Zero are just laying in bed. The morning sun shining on both of them. They were finally back in their own home. In their own bed. Being the couple, they should be. Yuki waking up snuggled up close to Zero. Taking in his scent that always makes her feel calm and at home. She looks up at his sweet pale face. Giving him a light tender kiss on his lips. Here laying next to her was a man, she loved more than anything in this world. She would do anything for him. Even give her soul alway. If it meant it would protect him. She would do it. Anyone that knew her, knew it was true. The funny part was, he felt the same for her. Which only made their bond stronger. The last two years back in each other's arms, they went through a lot. It wasn't easy being together. Yet here they were still laying in each others arms. It would take a lot to ever tear them apart. Yet she laid there and thought about what she did to Kaname. How she knew. She hurt him. That this time she did the unthinkable. She pulled that knife on him. Saying she would kill him. And telling him she hated him. She looked sadly down at herself. Knowing no matter how hard she tried. She didn't hate him. There was a point in her life she had. For everything he had done to her. Keeping her away from the man she truly loved. Just now she knew why he did it all. She understood it. She felt the same towards Zero. There wasn't anything she wouldn't do to keep him by her side. She knew she did what she did to protect them all. It was for the best. It would also give Zero the life he always wanted with her. She just wished it didn't have to be like this. It wasn't the way she planned. Yes she did want away from Kaname. Just on her own terms. Still being friends. Still sharing there daughter. Maybe even still able to share time together. When she was with him in his bed. Her feelings were real. Its what scared her.

There were times, she was laying close to him, she could feel herself going back to the way she felt about him before. Being drawn to him. His tender touch. His strong arms holding her close. She felt it was wrong to feel that way for him now. She was married to Zero. But then again Kaname was still her husband. In vampire life, this was a common everyday thing. To Have two spouses. Yet for these three, nothing ever went a simple way. They were always chained to each other. Even when they didn't want to be. Even Zero getting used to it by now. Like he had a choice? Yuki laid there thinking about all this. Knowing that this could be her new start. As long as she didn't go anywhere near Kaname. This could work. She just couldn't be in his company. If she was she would have to keep her cold exterior. Showing him no feelings at all.

Yuki tries to put her thoughts in the back of her mind. Getting up lightly not to wake the sleeping man beside her. She grabs her pink fluffy robe and puts it on. Opening the bedroom door quietly and heading down the stairs to the kitchen. Putting on the coffee. Then starting breakfast. Little Ai now up walking into the kitchen. Sitting at the Island helping her mother. "Mommy, can we do this all the time?" Ai asks. "Of course. I would love that. I am going to be more in your life now. I promise. I am not letting go of you." Yuki states. "I will see dad to right?" Ai asks. Yuki takes a deep breath. "Yes. if that is what you truly want, I will make sure he is in your life as well." Yuki says. "I use to like when we would do things as a family. Can we do that again?" Ai asks. "I am not sure. We will see. For right now, it will be me, you, Zero and Ren as a family. But your father will take you and spend time with you."Yuki says to the now six year old. "Ok. Mommy. You do know that dad loves you. He would do anything for you. He is so lonely when your not there. He just isn't himself." Ai states. "I know. Things are just complicated. You're a little girl. This isn't anything for you to worry about." Yuki answers. Feeling saddened by the thought of Kaname alone. Yuki also seeing that this child knew more than she should. She always did. Ai might have only been six, but she was very smart. When she would grow up, she would have pureblood powers. They would be strong. Not to mention she was the Princess of the Kuran family. She was powerful in every way.

Yuki Makes some scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon. Ai scrambling the eggs and doing her best to help her mommy. She poured the orange juice into the glasses and placed them on the table. Zero stirring in bed to the smells from the kitchen. Just the whiff of coffee setting him off. His nose was now a goner. Taking a deep breathe in. The feeling of contentment washing over him. This is what he wanted. Waking up to his wife making breakfast for there family. Being in there own home. It was all he ever wanted.

Ai going upstairs to get Zero as Yuki went to get Ren. "Daddy breakfast is ready." Ai says. "Ok pumpkin. I will be down in a few minutes." Zero answers. "Daddy I helped make it." Ai replies. "oh, really? So its extra good huh?" Zero responds. "Yep. Hurry up!" Ai says. Grabbing Zero's hand. Walking downstairs with him. Zero walks into the dining room, seeing Yuki holding Ren in his arms. Placing plates on the table for them to eat. He just can't help but smile at her. He walks up and places a kiss on her forehead. "Good morning." Zero says. "Morning Zero. I hope you're hungry?" Yuki says. "Very. Everything smells great. Can't wait to eat." Zero answers. As they all sit down and eat a family breakfast together. One they haven't had in ages.