{40} Jung Hoseok

997 words

This imagine is based on a short story busan_exe made on her Instagram 💜
!!!Contains mention of self harm!!!

This imagine is based on a short story busan_exe made on her Instagram 💜!!!Contains mention of self harm!!!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

You blinked your teary eyes a few times, recalling the recent events in your mind. Your mom had been really ill for a while, and when the doctors called you yesterday your world stopped. You had rushed to the hospital, and when you came there, holding her hand... Her journey came to an sudden end.

It hadn't been easy to cope with at all, and all the sad thoughts and moods brought back temptations from your past bad habits. You weren't proud of your past, and deep down you knew you shouldn't. It wouldn't help anyway, but you couldn't resist it.

You knew your beloved boyfriend wouldn't be back home for another hour, so you hesitantly stood up from your position on the couch, making your way to the bathroom. Every step you took you muttered a soft 'I shouldn't', but you couldn't stop your body from moving.

Your shaking hand made it's way up to the blade you kept hidden away in the back of one of the cabinets. A sigh left your lips as you jumped up to sit on the counter, your back resting against the mirror behind you, before placing the cold blade against your wrist. You slowly counted down in your head.

One...

Two...

Three...

A few tears found their way out of your eyes and down your cheeks as a sob escaped your mouth. You tasted the salt of your tears against your lips as you saw the red liquid flow down your arm, down to the sink. You sobbed loudly as you hastily cleaned the fresh wounds.

You couldn't believe you just relapsed in one of your old worst habits.

You jumped down on the ground to clean the wound more easily, but the soft sound of a door closing stopped your actions. Your eyes widened as you quickly grabbed a towel from the rack.

"I'm home!" Hoseok yelled from downstairs.

Why was he home already? Why now, out of all days?

You knew that when you replied he would come up here to hug you, a habit he had developed after you moved in together. You didn't say anything, but you couldn't stop some sobs from escaping your mouth.

You frantically tried to clean everything before he got to the bathroom, but it was no use. Soon you saw Hoseok standing in the doorway, and it wasn't long until you felt his arms wrap around you.

You just let it happen. You didn't have the strength anymore to fight back. You let him hug you and whisper things in your ear as you stained his shirt with tears. You were thankful he knew about your mother, you didn't think you could handle explaining it all.

"It's okay baby, you're fine now. I'm here now, please don't cry." He said, his voice soft as he rubbed your back. Soon you calmed down, only some sniffles coming out. He kept hugging you as you took a deep breath.

"I-I just miss her so much..." You whispered.

"I know baby, I know... But hurting yourself because you're sad doesn't really bring her back, does it?" He carefully said. You sighed and shook your head, finally looking up to see his face. A sad expression covered his features, something you rarely saw on him.

He softly smiled and cupped your face, wiping the tears with his thumb. "Then please don't ever do that again."

You pulled away a little and sniffled, before nodding. "M'sorry."

"I want to say 'it's okay' but self harm isn't really okay, so I'll just go with promise?" He chuckled. You smiled and nodded. "Promise."

"Good!" He said and picked you up. "Time for bed."

You smiled and laid your head down on his shoulder, letting him carry you. When you reached the bedroom he softly plopped you down on the bed, pulling the covers up to your chin. He quickly changed and got in behind you, giving you a loving back hug.

"Call me when you feel like... However you felt when you decided to do that, okay?" He said as he pressed a kiss to your nape. You hummed. "I will."

"Good. It makes me sad to see you break down like that."

"M'sorry. I just- I don't know, everything just brought back temptations." You said, feeling Hoseok's arms tighten around you. "Just call me next time." He whispered against your back.

"Promise." You whispered back, snuggling back against his chest.

You knew this wouldn't be the last time something like this would happen, but you did know Hoseok would always be by your side. The passing of your mother had left a dent in your life, and you knew it would only get harder.

Not seeing her home anymore if you visited.

Not getting her calls after you left there, asking if you got home safely.

Not feeling her warm hugs she gave you, every time you felt down.

Never again..

It hurt, and what hurt the most is the fact that you had to see your father suffer, every time you saw him. He was a strong man, but losing someone you loved was never easy. Not even for the strongest person on earth.

You let out a shaky breath as started to form in your eyes again. Hoseok must've noticed, because the next thing he did was turning you around, hugging you close to his chest and brushing his hand through your hair.

"Don't cry princess, please.." He softly said, pressing a kiss to your forehead. You shook your head and closed your eyes.

"Just sleep, you'll feel better tomorrow. I'll make pancakes for breakfast."

You smiled and hugged him closer. "Thank you Hobie." You whispered, slowly drifting off to sleep. But not before whispering "I love you," to him.

"I love you too, baby."

With those words, you finally fell asleep.

Goodnight ♥️♥️