{95} Jeon Jeongguk

2250 words

This imagine is dedicated to my dear mother, who went through this when I was still a little baby, even though my dad wasn't there that day.

Mom, I love you and I have like, so much respect for you and the way you go through life, escpecially with everything going on right now. 🥺♥️ Please never stop going strong just like now. I'm so fucking proud of you for not giving up back then, and I'm sorry I haven't been the perfect daughter but I promise I'll do better 🥺

 I'm so fucking proud of you for not giving up back then, and I'm sorry I haven't been the perfect daughter but I promise I'll do better 🥺

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A heavy sigh left your lips. You had been trying to sleep for the past two hours now, but the constant coughing is keeping you awake. You had taken a lot of medicine and painkillers in the hopes of getting some rest, but nothing really helped. It was like life had it's own opinion on how you should feel on a day, or several weeks, for that matter.

Everyone at work seemed to do anything they wanted, not caring or thinking about how it would affect others. You had been stepping up to those ignorant employees for over 30 years now, but it never got any easier.

It was always the same story. Always had been, and it seemed like it would be like that for always too. The false lies you heard on a daily basis; "Yeah, we'll look into it", and, "Yeah, we'll make sure to take it into further notice", were beginning to take a toll on you. Both mentally and pshysically, it was exhausting.

Your body was aching, your head pounding with a never-ending headache, and you were tired. So tired, you could sleep even if there would be tons of noises outside. But of course, right now you were sick and the sleep you so desperately wanted looked so far away.

Suddenly you started to hear a noise. And not any noise. A crying noise from the room beside your own. It sounded so weak and little. With an aching pain in your lower back you sat up, swinging your legs over the edge of the bed and standing up. You walked over to the hall, and crossed it to go into the room where your sweet sweet daughter was sleeping.

Or was supposed to be sleeping, but instead was crying her little heart out.

You cooed at the sound and upon seeing her face, chubby cheeks strained with tears and her little arms reaching for something to hold onto, anything just to get some comfort.

You walked over to her and reached down, gathering her in your arms. "Can't sleep either? Huh? My little princess." You talked sweetly to her as you picked her up, cradling her as if she'd break like glass by the slightest pressure.

She clung onto you as if her life depended on it, wailing loudly and kicking her feet a little. The shrill sound of her crying so close to your ear had your headache increasing, but you didn't pay it that much mind.

She was your first priority, and you'd push away your own pains if it meant she could calm down and feel better.

With her in your arms you walked towards the livingroom, seeing no point in laying in bed anymore as you wouldn't be falling back to sleep anyway. You lightly bounced her up and down in your arms, shushing her and holding her close to your body.