22

There was a knock on the door and my father opened it and there stood Damon and Stefan Salvatore.
"Niklaus, our guests have arrived" my father said.
The two of them walked in.
"Damon, Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civil men, shall we?" Klaus asked as he walked into the room.
The table was set and dinner was ready.
"It's better to indulge him" my father said as he walked to the table.
I was already seated at the table waiting on the men to sit down so we could eat.
"I didnt uh, come here to eat, Klaus" Stefan said as he took a step towards my uncle.
I watched carefully amused really.
"Mind your manners" my father whispered reminding me not to say a word.
I just smiled.
"In fact, i didnt want to come here at all. But i was told i had to, cause you would hear us out." Stefan said.
"Hmm well we can sit and eat, or i can reach down your throats and pull out your insides the choice is yours" my uncle said as he sat down next to me.
My father sat on the other side of me and Damon and Stefan joined at the table. The girls that were compelled started pouring everyone wine.
"Dad can i?" I asked quietly.
"Sure" he said with a smile.
I smiled back and handed the girl my glass while the other girl poured my uncle a glass.
"Thank you love." He said.
"You lost your appetite." My uncle said as he took a bite of his food.
"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave grumpy Stefan at home." Damon said to his brother.
I chuckled earning me a glance from both my father and my uncle. I looked at them and took a bite of my food.
Stefan grabbed his fork.
"That's the spirt" My uncle said with a smile.
"Isn't this nice? The five of us dinning together such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" my uncle asked.
My father glanced at my uncle and then at Damon.
"Well, i know what he felt about you, so i figured the more the merrier" Damon said with a grin.
"Well, Elijah and i have had our share of quarrels over the centuries but we always make it through" Klaus said.
My father didn't say anything just stayed quiet.
"Kind of like you and Rebecca right? Where is she by the way? Last i checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Stefan said.
"If your referring to the fact that Rebecca knows i killed our mother... I've already came clean to Elijah" my uncle said.
Flashback
I sat down on the chair in the living room to finish calming down. I was crying of both joy and angry.
"What is it that i dont know?" Elijah asked.
"Mikeal didn't kill our mother. I did" Klaus said slowly.
"You lied. To all of us to Rebecca, to me" my father said calmly.
"Yes well Maddie dear tell your side" My uncle said.
"What? You promised" i cried.
"Yes well it's time for both of us to come clean darling" my uncle said.
My dad turned and looked at me.
"I knew its wasn't Grandpa. I woke up to the scream of Grandma and seen Uncle Klaus with her heart in his hand. I didnt tell anyone because i was afraid you guys would hate me and Klaus made me promise to never tell" i said throwing my uncle under the bus.
"You made my daughter lie!" My father yelled.
"A little white lie" my uncle said.
"Your pathetic to hide behind a child Niklaus" my father said kneeling in front of me.
"I dont hate you dear. You didn't do anything, you were only asleep after all and was awoken in the after math. Wrong place wrong time love" he said.
I smiled and hugged my dad and he hugged me back with a gentle squeeze.
Flashback over
"Hey stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgement till dessert" Damon said.
"We are here to make a deal Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses" Stefan said.
"I'm just saying, we have a long evening ahead of us pace yourself" Damon said.
"So Stefan Where's the lovely Elena tonight?" My father asked.
"I dont know ask Damon" Stefan said.
My uncle started laughing and my father looked at him.
"I'm sorry. You missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise" my uncle said.
"One more word about Elena, and uh this dinner is over" Stefan said.
"Oh come on he didn't know" i said.
Everyone looked at me because i hadnt said anything.
My uncle smiled and put his finger up to his mouth pretty much telling me to sh.
"Hey, you know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do not discuss pile." Damon said.
"Your probably right" my uncle said.
"Yeah" Damon said.
"It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger is still so strong. What do you say brother? Should we tell them about Tatia" Klaus asked.
"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved" my father asked.
"Well given there shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, i think our guest might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line" my uncle said.
"Well we're not going anywhere, Elijah, please do tell" Damon said.
"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor. Even though she'd had a child with another man." My father started.
"She's Not little Elijah's Mother is she?" Damon asked.
"No she's not" my father said slowly.
"My mother died giving birth to me. So in a sense i sorta killed my mother" i said shrugging.
My father looked at me with pity but didn't say anything mostly because he was already in the middle of a story and not wanting to explain to me for the hundredth time my mothers death had nothing to do with me.
"Sorry continue" Damon said.
"And none loved her more than Niklaus." My father continued.
"Oh I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much." My uncle said looking at my dad.
"Wait a minute, so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan laughed.
"Our Mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia. And so she took her and Klaus and I would learn later that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother preformed the spell which turned us into vampires" my father said looking at Klaus and then at the Salvatore brothers before continuing.
"Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I ... grew estranged. Harsh words were exchanged we even came to blows. Didn't we brother?" My father continued.
"But in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family" my uncle said with a smile.
"Family above... all" my father said picking up his glass.
"Family above all" my uncle said as they clinked glasses.
The Salvatore brothers looked at each other and i studied them carefully.
"So why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" My father asked.
"Well that's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange, he, and the original extended family, leave mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after, no grudges" Damon said looking up from his phone.
"Deal sounds fair Uncle Klaus" i said looking at my uncle.
"I don't think you understand. I can't do that because Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that i will always have more hybrids to fight those who oppose me. I will never leave her behind." My uncle said looking at Stefan.
"But Let's day i leave her here, under your protection. What then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worst how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes  that your the one that can protect her. And that is simply a delusion." My uncle said standing up from his seat.
"Gentlemen... the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is... the two of you." He said looking at Damon and Stefan.
Neither one said anything at first just looked at my uncle.
"I'm going to get some air" Damon said as he got up.
"Let me deal with this." My father said as he followed Damon.
I sat still and didn't move.
"All this talk has made me thirsty what do you say Stefan? Can i interest you in a a little after dinner drink?" My uncle asked Stefan.
I sipped my wine and watched my uncle bite the girls neck and drink from her.
"Mmm delicious" my uncle said as he dropped the body of the girl. I looked away.
"Aged to perfection" my uncle said.
I rolled my eyes and looked at Stefan.
"Well i guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother" Stefan said as he stood up.
"No you're doing that on your own" i said looking at the two boys.
"Because of Elena you're going to lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame" my uncle said.
"What do you say Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer. Now you counter" Damon said as he walked back into the house followed by my father.
My father stood behind my chair and Klaus joined behind me while the Salvatore brothers stood opposite of us.
"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player you know the blonde one." My uncle said.
"Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon asked.
"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family." My uncle said.
"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids. Right, Klaus?" Stefan asked.
"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well being" my uncle said with a smile.
"See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her nature life. You know it's what's best for her. So... what do you say Stefan?  Do we have a deal?" My uncle asked walking towards Stefan.
They met in the middle of the room in front of the fireplace to shake on the deal.
"Nice try Klaus. But no deal" Stefan said.
My uncle twisted Stefan's arm and held it in the fire. Damon went to save him but my father pinned him to the wall.
"What are you doing?" Damon said.
Stefan continued to scream.
"Stop!" Damon yelled.
"Bring me my coffin before i burn him alive" my uncle said looking at Damon.
"I'll get it" Damon said pushing past my dad.
"Go with him brother." My uncle said
I went to get up to follow when my uncle stopped me with his free hand.
"Keep him honest. And I'll keep your daughter her with me to keep you honest. And when you return I'll make good on my promise to you and i will hand over our family" my uncle said.
My father looked at my uncle then at me and followed Damon out.
"Go ahead kill me! I know you'll do it when he brings back the coffin" Stefan said.
"Sit down" he said to me.
I sat down not willing to push this.
My uncle pushed Stefan up against the wall.
"You really have given up, haven't you? Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?" My uncle asked.
"Elijah" My uncle said as Stefan pushed away.
I turned and see my father standing there.
"Dad?" I whispered.
"Why haven't you left?" My uncle asked.
"Well where are your manners brother? You forgot dessert" my father said.
"What have you done?" My uncle asked.
My father motioned me to come over and i got up and ran over to him.
"What have you done? See, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now." My father said.
"Kol" My uncle said as i heard footsteps behind us.
I turned and seen my uncle Kol.
"Kol!" I said as i ran over to him. He quickly hugged me and i stepped aside going back to my fathers side.
"Long time, brother" Kol said.
"Finn dont!" Klaus said as Finn stabbed him.
He went to run but Rebecca walked in.
"Rebecca!" Klaus said as she to stabbed him.
My father grabbed me.
"No stop it's not fair" i said.
"He deserves this dearly" my father said. "After everything he's done to this family putting us in boxes"
I just turned away and buried my head in my dads jacket.
Even though my Uncle had taken me from my father multiple times and away from my aunt and my uncles i still loved him and i knew he couldn't die but watching him and listening to him was almost sad and painful.
"This is for our mother" Rebecca said.
He stumbled backwards into Kols arms and Kol held on to him.
"Your free to go. This is family business" my father said to the Salvatore brothers.
"I like what you've done to the new place Nik" Rebecca said as she threw a vase at the wall.
"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home; a place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Klaus said.
"Oh, you're right. None of us will be" my father said. Talking about Rebecca, me, Kol, Finn, and himself.
"You're staying behind." Finn said.
"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after i kill that doppelgänger wench. And then you will be alone. Always and forever" Rebecca said with a smile.
"You run. I will hunt all of you down." Klaus said looking at the five of us.
"And you will become everything you hate. Our father" my father said
"I'm the hybrid!" Klaus yelled.
I backed into Kol and he hugged me.
"It's okay" he whispered.
The three of them were standing behind my father and i was next to my father.
"I cant be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you!" Klaus yelled.
"You will when we have that coffin" my father said.
Suddenly the door opened to the house and we all turned around and seen her.