99

"Gentlemen make yourself at home. Mayor O'Connell appears to be running late, but there's much to discuss, so i shall begin." My father said as I walked two men into the house and brought them to the table sat up by the stairs.
My father smiled at me and i turned to leave when my uncle down the steps.
"One moment, please, brother. You know how much I enjoy these illicit little gatherings. Maddison do stay" my uncle said.
"Oh boy" i mumbled as i turned and walked back over to my father and stood by him.
"Do not be troubled. Despite my brother's reputation, I can assure you, we've invited you here to broker in peace. You have my word." My father said as he sat down at the head of the table and I stood by him on his right as Klaus stood by him on the left.
"And, lucky for you, my brother always keeps his word." My uncle said with a smirk.
"You two are from the Guerrera Crime family, a brutish pack of thieves and killers, and that's nothing compared to what you become on a full moon, is it?" My uncle asked as he looked at two of the guys.
"Yes, yes, yes. Of course, a bite from your kind is not lethal to an Original. Conflict between us would not end well for you at all. Let's state our proposal here. My brother and I control the ports of the city, but with prohibition soon to be the law of the land, there'll be certain uptick in the kind of federal presence we prefer to avoid. Therefore, I'd like to suggest a system whereby... under our supervision, of course... the Guerrera family can traffic alcohol into the city of New Orleans for a profit. We would still be in charge, but our rule would remain a secret." My father said.
Suddenly there was clapping and we all looked towards the door.
"This all sounds very good, but, tell me, how will it benefit the witches?" The man asked as he took off his hat.
"I am sorry. This is a private meeting." My father said as he stood up.
"Yes, for Kings of the city, and a princess i see who is a witch of I'm not mistaken, but I, too, am a king, and i have rules." The man said.
"I'm impressed. You're either quite ambitious or quite mad. What's your name, mate?" My uncle asked.
"I am Alphonz Bellatunde Delgallo, Papa Tunde to my followers, and I come to ask that the witches be granted fair tribute for allowing your existence in our city." Tunde said.
"Are you suggesting that you speak for the French quarter witches?" My father asked.
"I do now, and I expect our future negotiations to go very smoothly. As a guarantee i brought a gift." He said as one of the men who came with him sat a box like thing down on the table.
"I await our next gathering" he said as he glanced at me before walking out.
My uncle looked ant my father and I as he walked over to the box.
"Stay put" my father whispered as he followed Klaus.
I seen my uncles jaw drop as he opened it.
"Well, I suppose we'll need a new mayor." He said as he looked at my father.

"You're in a good mood. You should visit Mystic Falls more often." I heard Marcel say as I joined my father at the bottom of the stairs.
It's been a few days since the Davina thing happened and I am trying to figure out what exactly happened because four were supposed to rise and none did.
"Well, as much as I might like to, i have pressing responsibilities here. Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors." My uncle said.
"What about your niece she is a powerful witch" one of the vampires said.
"I will not use my niece. Yes she is powerful but i dont want to make her a tool" my uncle said.
"Now, since the harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever." My uncle continued.
"So Maddie will lose her magic as well?" A vampire asked.
"No, you see my niece is a powerful witch but she isn't a French quarter witch there for she will keep all her magic. Not only that she is a original witch vampire hybrid" my uncle said.
"The only if my kind" i said proudly.
My father looked at me a smiled slightly before returning his attention to my uncle.
"Until the witches lose their magic, I say we keep them on their toes" my uncle said.
I rolled my eyes.
"Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron." My uncle said as he walked over to Diego.
"Alright. Let's do it" he said as he gathered all his vampire buddies.
Marcel got up and started to walk away.
"Marcel, I'd hoped you would join Diego." I heard my uncle say.
"Nah. I'm gonna take a personal day." Marcel said as he walked past Klaus and went up stairs.
"Let go" my father said and he motioned his head towards the door.
We walked down the street of New Orleans, i was a lot nicer now than i use to be a lot more color. We met up with Rebecca in the streets.
"Now, you may doubt him. Today I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress" my father said to Rebecca.
"Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?" Rebecca asked.
"Why would you do such a thing?" My father asked her.
"Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. I like that about Thierry. I also like that he use to date a witch, so he knows about the French quarter covens. Maybe he can lead me to whoever stole off with the harvest magic" Rebecca said.
"You and my daughter both believe that the magic is gone somewhere else. We are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." My father said.
"That's Just it. There was no outcome" i said.
"We all know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it." Rebecca said.
"I agree with Rebecca. Something isn't right" i said.
"I'd like to know who and then I'd like to make an ally out of them." Rebecca said.
"No! We make them put it back and revive those four girls" i said.
"Maddie is right." My father said.
Rebecca shrugged.
"To what end exactly? Why do you wish to make an ally?" My father asked.
"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them. While Maddie has the power she is afraid that his backlash will be on you brother, she can't use her magic against Klaus in order to protect you doesn't that seem a little backwards?" Rebecca asked.
My father looked at me with sadness in his eyes. Rebecca was right i didnt try and stop Klaus in fear of what he would do to my father.
"I expect such behavior from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from you, Rebecca" my father said as he looked up at her.
"Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home. He yearns for our family to be reunited." My father continued.
"Yes, he's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long?" Rebecca asked.
"It's his trick, dad. He lulls you into a false sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake." I said.
"I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. Maddie gets punished when ever she or you fall for it. No more." Rebecca said.
"I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here. Leadership may, in fact, be a good thing for him. Now, sister, please, i ask you, if you cannot support him, then at least do nothing to provoke him." My father said.
With that Rebecca walked away.
Suddenly my fathers phone rang.
"Hello brother" my father said.
"Get back to the compound, we have a problem" my uncle said.
"Alright we are on our way" my father said.
We both vamped back to the compound and saw the dead vampires on the ground. We walked over and i saw the mark on the heads.
"Oh my god" i said as i backed into my father.
"Someone will die for this" Klaus said as he walked over to us.
"Remarkably, I dont disagree." My father said as he bent down and looked at the mark closer.
"However, i would like to know where they learned such dark magic. That I had hoped never to see that symbol again" My father said as he stood up.
"I recall that is the signature of a fool who once stood against us. Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks. I'll do for him as i did for the other. Diego." My uncle said as he walked over to Diego.
"When nightfalls, i want you to gather every vampire in the quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick." My uncle said.
"Yeah, that's going to be a problem. Everyone is freaked out, man. We haven't had witches killing vampires in a long time. Marcel made sure of that." Diego said.
"Marcel has run off like a scared child. You lot are left with me." Klaus said to Diego.
"Now, who of you will fight to defend our home?" Klaus asked the vampires
Nobody moved.
"Not a single one of you will stand with me, so afraid are you of this new threat? You should know better. I guess I'll handle this myself" my uncle said as he walked away.
I looked at my father, i was scared beyond scared. The last time this symbol was seen i was almost made to join the coven, he did lots of bad and he wanted me because i am the most powerful witch, he wanted my power and he was trying to kill me to get it. Only down side is I'm a vampire and only the white oak stake can kill me.

"Let's go find Hayley" my father said as he walked towards the stairs and I followed.
"There you are." My father said as we walked into Davinas room.
"Here i am." Hayley said as she looked through Davinas drawings.
"Davinas drawings." I said.
"Yeah. Morbid, i know. I was just thinking, we never figured out why she drew those pictures of Celeste. Anyway, I'm just killing time now that I'm on vampire lockdown." Hayley said as she looked up at my dad.
"Whoever did this, we will deal with them. It won't be long." My father said.
"I'm not worried. Just think it's kind of funny that it took some big, supernatural threat for you to even come into the same room as me." Hayley said.
"I do apologize if you feel neglected. I have been occupied. My siblings are in some quarrel and my daughter is very upset about how the ritual went down. Niklaus remains agitated. You'll recall that even our slightest interactions seem to... infuriate him." My father said.
"So Klaus is a dick, and you want to be a good big brother. So we can't hang out. That sum it up?" Hayley asked.
My dad didn't say anything.
"I get it, Elijah. It just seems like a really crappy deal." Hayley said.
"That's because it is" i said.
"Ah!" I yelled as i started to sink to the ground.
"Maddie? Maddie?" My father said as he caught me.
"Rebecca. He has Rebecca" i said as i looked at my father.
"Who?" Hayley asked as she walked over to me.
"Papa Tunde" i said slowly.
I saw then exchange looks.
"He's dead, Maddie. Klaus killed him years ago" my father said.
"He's back and he's got Rebecca. I saw her she's gray and she wears the mark. What if he's done to her what he was trying to do to me" i said.
"What was he trying to do?" Hayley asked.
"Take my power" i said as i looked at Hayley.