95

Hayley, my father, and I sat in the study looking over the picture or drawing rather of Celeste. My father was giving Hayley and I a little history lesson on witches.
"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of west Africa call them Aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Wether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been an all powerful witch a side from Maddie until Davina." My father said.
"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." My uncle said as he walked into the study.
He looked at the drawing.
"Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus said.
"Maybe Davina is mistaken" i said looking at my father.
"Maddie is right. What if she is mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, why do you think it was her who was teaching Maddie magic?" My father asked as he looked up at my uncle.
"But she's been dead for over 200 years." I said.
"Exactly, that's why i dont understand why all these sketches now." My father said.
"Why does any witch do anything?" My uncle asked.
"Hey! Your niece happens to be a witch" i said rolling my eyes.
"I know" he said with a smirk.
Suddenly there was a sound of something breaking.
"Well, that's going well." Klaus said with sarcasm.
"If you were trying to win the girls trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." My father said as he looked at Klaus.
"He doesn't care about anyone but himself. I for one haven't heard an apology." I said.
"You weren't supposed to drink it" my uncle said.
"But i did in a attempt to protect Davina yet i still died. Good thing I'm a vampire" i said
"Are there any more inopportune deaths you two would like to wave in my face?" My uncle asked.
"Give me a month." My father said.
"He'll get you a list" i said as i crossed my arms over my chest as i sat next to my father.
There was another crash coming from Davina's room.
"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Klaus said focusing his glance on me.
"I'm glad you feel that way uncle Klaus" i said with a smirk.
He gave a sarcastic smile and got up and walked out.
"Elijah?" Hayley said as she sat forward.
"Hmm?" He said with out looking at her.
"There's something you need to know." She said.
The house began to shake and it wasn't me causing it this time.
"Maddie!" Klaus screamed.
I got up and ran down the hall to see Davina coughing up dirt and casing an earthquake.
Klaus and I ran to the balcony meeting my father and Hayley there.
"What the hell is going on?" Rebecca asked from below.
"Davina" Klaus said.
Rebecca ran up the stairs as Marcel walked out of the room and the earthquake stopped. Rebecca and I walked into Davinas room and stir the door.
"Hey. What game do you think you're playing?" Rebecca asked as we walked over to her bed where she laid.
"I said disrupt the household not destroy the whole city." Rebecca said.
"It's not her fault" i said looking up from Davina.
"I didnt do it on purpose. I ... i dont know what's wrong with me." She cried.
"Maddie?" I heard my father say through the door.
"Coming. Ill be right back" i said to Davina as i left the room.
"Your going to come with me to talk to Sophie Deveraux about what's going on" my father said.
"Alright but i have an idea" i said.
"Do share" he said.
"Let's here what Sophie has to say" i said in fear that i was wrong.
"Your going to see Sophie?" Hayley asked.
"Yes, you do not need to easedrop i keep nothing from you" my father said to Hayley as we walked down the hallway.
"Yeah. Well, i dont want to keep anything from you either, and if you're going out to see Sophie, then there's something you should know, both of you." Hayley said.
My father and I stopped walking and turned at looked at her.
"She called me and asked me for a favor. She promised me that she would help break the curse Marcel put on my people in exchange for some information," Hayley started.
"The spell I am trying to figure out and reverse?" I questioned as Hayley walked past us and we now followed her down the steps.
"She said that only she could help because it was he family who did it" Hayley said.
"That's a lie. I can un do it" i said.
"Maddie let her finish" my father said.
I nodded.
"Anyways i didnt think anything of it, but then Davina started doing those pictures of Celeste..." Hayley continued.
"Whatever this is, you have to tell me." My father said.
"Sophie wanted to find Celestes remains, so i ... " Hayley started.
"Tell me you didn't" i said.
"Maddie let her continue" my father said.
"I went through your journals, and i found our where you buried her, and then I told her." Hayley said.
"Your joking right?!? Please tell me your joking!" I yelled.
My dad looked away.
"I know it was stupid and it was snoopy, and I ... I should have just asked you, either of you." Hayley said.
My father was quite and just looked at her.
"Please say something" she said to my father.
"Please" she cried.
My father took a deep breath and looked at me before he looked at her again.
"She wanted to be left in peace." My father said.
"When a witch's remains are consecrated, that power fuels the rest of their community." I said.
"Celeste did not want her remains to be found. She made me promise to bury her where she would not be found. You not only violated my privacy, you have broken my promise to her." My father said.
"I thought they were just bones, Elijah." Hayley said.
"If you truly believed that, why didn't you just ask him where to find her?" I asked.
My father walked past Hayley and I followed leaving Hayley by the stairs.