Chapter 02: Miami

Narrator's POV

Around 10.30 a.m., Michael and Clara were picked up by a private car. They were heading to Alejandro's address which he got from the agent. This was a new address, one of the unpopular parts to live in Miami. It was not the place where they used to live which was a nicer area when they were neighbors. 

Passing the narrower street, Clara asked Alejandro, "Are you sure this is the address? Should we call them first before we come?" Clara was afraid The Cabellos wouldn't be happy to see them come uninvited – since they had lost contact for a long time. 

Michael replied shortly, "it will be fine." He was not sure himself, but he missed his best friend too much to delay the visit. 

They reached the location, they looked around the area seemed like a neglected neighborhood. Michael and Clara looked at each other – worried shown on their faces. They hoped The Cabellos were fine. They walked a few meters to reach the house, as the car could not enter the narrow street. They stopped in front of a simple house and saw a man sitting nearby the window whose back was facing the street. 

Michael knew it was Alejandro, "Ale..!!" Alejandro turned around and saw his best friend. They looked at each other for a while before they got closer and hug each other. "Mike....!!" Alejandro greeted full of emotions.

Alejandro invited them into the house and Sinu – Alejandro's wife who was inside walked out to the living. She was also as surprised as Alejandro to see Michael and Clara. They greeted each another. Since Sinu was cooking for lunch and knowing Michael missed his friend much, Clara joined her leaving Michael with Alejandro in the living room. Michael found out that Alejandro lost his business and company – he was a victim of fraud. His business partner had run away and he went bankrupt. Michael and Clara decided to stay for lunch.

"Sorry, We can only prepare this for lunch." Said Sinu.

"No, it is perfect. We missed your Cuban food, Sinu. We also come without informing you," said Clara.

"Where is your daughter, Camila ?" Michael asked.

"Camila is not in Miami. She decided to move to New York." Alejandro replied.

"So, is it only two of you here, in Miami?" Michael Said looking at Alejandro and Sinu.

"No, we have another daughter, Sofia. She is in the school right now." Replied Sinu.

"You have two daughters?" asked Michael.

"Yes, we have another one, 10 years after Camila."Said Alejandro.

Michael was ready for one of his purposes coming here, "What is Camila doing in New York?"

"She decided to go to New York after finishing her Master's degree two years ago. She always wanted to go there, to get a better career and life. So, we as her parents cannot stop her from chasing good things." Michael ended with a smile – remembered his daughter and was proud of her determination and bravery. A little bit of sadness in his eyes, he missed her daughter.

Sinu continued, "she changed several jobs at the beginning, and now she is working at a selling cars company for almost a year now."

"Does she like the job?" Michael asked. He was impatient and wanted to get to his point.

"She doesn't mention much about the job. She always says everything is fine. We know She just doesn't want to make us worried." Said Sinu.

Clara smiled, "such a good daughter."