Chapter 06: Welcome to The J Industry

Camila's POV

Monday came, and our new journey started in The Jauregui Industry. Dinah was always all out when come to fashion. She dressed professionally with a touch of her style. That's my Dinah Jane – Beyonce's biggest fan. I didn't use my car on the first day, I needed to check the situation first. We went straight to the 13th floor where Taylor was. Taylor was excited to see us, She asked her assistant to escort Dinah to the marketing department.  

Taylor informed me that Ms. Jauregui was not here until the next two weeks – she was on holiday celebrating her birthday somewhere out of the country. It didn't mean I would have nothing to do. Taylor gave me a short tour of the building. The building itself had 72 floors, the first 27 floors were the offices of The Jauregui Industry. Another twelve floors are restaurants, shops, and other smaller companies. The rest of the floor was a luxury apartment, including the penthouse of The Jaureguis. It was dedicated to the CEO.

"The last floor is the penthouse for the CEO. Mr. Jauregui used it a lot, but it seemed Ms. Jauregui doesn't like it." Taylor said.

We didn't visit all the 27 floors. Taylor said I would have time later within these 2 weeks, as I would have some introduction and briefing from each department. After the short tour, Taylor led me to the 27th floor where my office was. I was excited and nervous at the same time. When we reached the floor, people greeted Taylor, seemed most people liked and respected her. People were looking at me, I looked confident, but I was nervous as hell. I smiled trying to cover my nervousness.

We reached one end to another separated room, there was a lady in her late forties I guessed. She greeted Taylor and Taylor introduced us. "Good morning, Maria! This is Ms. Cabello! And Camila this is Mrs. Lopez. A secretary to Ms. Jauregui."

"Hello, Ms. Cabello. Nice to meet you, and welcome to the J Industry."  

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Lopez!" So, her name was Maria Lopez. She seemed nice.

After introducing us, Taylor left us. Mrs. Lopez introduced me to everyone on the 27th floor. They were the trusted and skilled people who support the CEO and her EA. Some were nice, some were skeptical, I even heard one of them say, hope she would last. Another one said finger crossed. I pretended I didn't hear anything. Mrs. Lopez showed me my office which was across from Ms. Jauregui's office. Ms. Lopez's desk was in the middle, right after the entrance of this private office of the CEO. She also gave me a new phone, notebook and a tablet.

Mrs. Lopez also show me the CEO area, which was divided into five sections. The first one was the entrance, where Mrs. Lopez's desk was. The second one was a medium size meeting room that accommodated only ten people. It was on the left-hand side after the entrance. Next to the meeting room, was a private kitchen. The third section, right after the kitchen was the office room for the executive assistant, which would be my room. When Mrs. Lopez opened the door, I saw a desk surrounded by three chairs. She said It was my desk. On the left-hand side, there was a reading chair with a small table. It looked like a library corner surrounded by bookshelves and files. I liked this room, It's Victorian style. Then she showed me the last section which was the CEO's office room.  

The CEO's room was a huge L shape room divided into three sections. First, It was the CEO's work area. It was only a big desk, the main chair, and two chairs on the opposite. It was white with black and grey touch. The next section was like a living room separated by a brown wooden partition. There was a big L shape couch, a lazy adjustable sofa, a coffee table in the middle, and a big TV on the wall. This section was with a warmer color, white with a wooden touch. Turned to the left side was the last section of the room. It was a private room, the room was also white with a touch of dark royal blue. There was one comfortable double bed in the middle with a nightstand and a closet. This private room looked like a hotel room with a bathroom and toilet. Now, I understood what Taylor told me that my apartment was not expensive for The Jaureguis.