Chapter 13: Thanks for Hitting Him

Narrator's POV

Monday came, on the way to the office, Camila just remembered that she forgot to ask Mrs. Lopez which coffee shop she should go to for the cappuccino. Mrs. Lopez told her, that Lauren would tell her herself. She arrived in the office and saw Lauren by the elevator, who arrived earlier today. Camila greeted her, but she didn't greet her back, Camila saw the old Lauren was back, not the one on Friday afternoon.

Mr. Gosling joined them in the elevator, "Morning Lauren, Camila!" Lauren replied.

"Good morning, Mr. Gosling! How was your weekend?" Camila asked

"Great! Watching TV while doing my favorite hobby." He replied, "for you this time, but I am not going to tell you more details. You have to be patient."

"Really, I can't wait, but I will not ask for more details," Camila said excitedly

Lauren was surprised by this conversation. They seemed close to each other, the way they talked was like two close friends talking. Lauren was curious how they got so closed in such a short time, how she know Mr. Gosling's secret hobby which not so many people knew only those close to her. She didn't only know but also Mr. Gosling was knitting something for her.

While they were talking, Lauren used her time to check on Camila. She wearing a white long sleeve shirt with above knee length red skirt. Whatever Camila wore, Lauren will not miss her bottoms – she might get used to it – to enjoy the view from behind when they were in the elevator or when Camila left her room. Lauren thought to herself, what a wonderful view.

Camila went to Lauren to inform her of the schedule and to ask about her morning cappuccino, "Ms. Jauregui, we only have one meeting with Mr. Hussey at the restaurant at twelve-thirty. And also which cappuccino do you like me to get you, Ms. Jauregui?"

Lauren finally looked at her for five seconds, "You can get me like the last time."

Camila was surprised, Lauren wanted to have the cappuccino she made, "Okay."

The time came for them to go to the restaurant to see Mr. Hussey – a country manager, the representative for a UK company in the US. She heard a lot of things about Mr. Hussey, but she wanted to see how they could bring benefit each other, as he might be a good partner to develop her business in the UK.

Arrived at the restaurant, earlier they are waiting for Mr. Hussey. Lauren was starting to lose her patience when it was ten minutes past the appointment time. Camila noticed Lauren was not happy, and she tried to contact Mr. Hussey's assistant – who said there would be there in ten minutes. Lauren didn't like this first impression already. Mr. Hussey came with his assistant. They stood up to greet her and she could see how he was checking on Camila.

They talked and discussed the business plan over lunch. Lauren was telling him her basic plan for London and how she could support his company in the US in return, and Mr. Hussey told her, how his company could support her plan in London. Mr. Hussey asked her assistant to leave them. Camila was standing to leave them thinking they needed privacy, but it was stopped by Mr. Hussey.

"No, Ms. Cabello, please stay darling. I just need him to go." He spoke to Camila. Lauren disliked how he called Camila and flirted with Camila.

"Ms. Jauregui, your plan interests me. I am sure our CEO in the UK would take it seriously. I have one condition or a little favor, so I could pass your plan to him." He said.

Lauren didn't like the way he talked, she looked at him suspiciously, "Yes, Mr. Hussey tell me!"

"You have a beautiful assistant." He gave a nasty look to Camila. Camila was uncomfortable. Camila looked at Lauren, but instead of looking at her, Lauren was checking her phone and looked back at Mr. Hussey.