Chapter 16: The Halloween Night

Narrator's POV

Halloween was here. Camila and Dinah were excited, as it was their first party with the Jauregui Corp. They took their costumes with them to the office and decided to change there instead of coming back home for a change. The party would be held at the function hall which occupied the whole seventh floor.

Camila was making cappuccino in the kitchen when Lauren arrived. She took the cappuccino to her room. She saw Lauren was not wearing the whole black. She was not sure if Lauren remember to wear black, but she decided to ask her later, maybe she changed her mind.

"Good morning, Ms. Jauregui!" Camila greeted and put the cappuccino on her desk.

"Morning, Camila!"

Lauren was checking on Camila when she set her cappuccino down and opened the iPad. Lauren had a new habit every morning which was checking Camila's outfit. New York was quite cold today, Camila was wearing a long white sweater that covered Lauren's favorite part and skin-tight leather pants completed with leather boots. Her hair was in a messy bun. Lauren herself was also wearing the same color, a fit body turtle neck white sweater and the rest were black.

"Ms. Jauregui, today we have two meetings only. One is with Mr. Gosling in thirty minutes, and the second one is with Ms. Rexha at eleven," Camila smiled to herself when she mentioned Mr. Gosling. Lauren noticed that and rolled her eyes slightly.

Mr. Gosling was here, they had the meeting in the CEO's meeting room instead of Lauren's. The meeting was going well, but Lauren could not stand it every time she saw Camila looking at Mr. Gosling in admiration. She even made Mr. Gosling a cappuccino, and Mr. Gosling complimented her skill in making cappuccino which made Camlila blush. Lauren just wanted this meeting to end soon. Little did Lauren know, she was actually jealous.

By the time Mr. Gosling finished, Bebe was waiting outside. Camila went out to invite her in.

"Hey, Good morning, Camila!" Bebe saw her.

"Good morning Ms. Rexha! Ms. Jauregui is waiting for you inside."

They went to the meeting room, "Morning, Lauren!" She greeted Lauren with one cheek kiss. Bebe always greeted her with a cheek kiss, when they were outside the office, or not in public. Lauren didn't expect that as Camila was here, she looked at Camila. Camila noticed the way Bebe greeted Lauren, she was biting her lower lip looking at their closeness.

"Ms. Rexha, do you want some drink before we start? espresso or coffee latte?" asked Camila. Lauren looked thinking about why she only offered a cappuccino to Gosling.

"No, thanks, Camila! I just had mine an hour ago." Bebe said.

During the meeting, seeing their closeness, Camila recalled what Dinah said about Bebe. The rumor might be true – there must be something between them. Camila tried to shake it off. The meeting finished, and Lauren went back to her room. Camila brought the batman mask to her.

"Ms. Jauregui, here is the batman mask." She put it on her desk.

Lauren looked at it but didn't say anything.

"Ms. Jauergui, if you feel don't like to go or wear it, it's fine." Camila said.

"Camila, yesterday you asked me, now you say another thing. Have you found yourself another batman now?" Lauren asked, she looked annoyed.

"Uh, no, Ms. Jauregui. I just don't want to push you into it." Camila replied.

Lauren rolled her eyes, "Do you want me to do it or not?"