Chapter 42 : The Unusual

Camila's POV

It was Sunday evening, I was in my bedroom reading a book when Dinah came and joined me. She saw a big hickey on my neck which Amber left for the last time.

"Mila, she loves to mark on you, doesn't she? I am so jealous." Dinah said.

I smiled at her, "DJ, we stopped."

"Stopped?"

"Yea, we are not seeing each other anymore. We talked about it yesterday, and we agreed to stop."

"Oh, did she take it well?" Dinah asked

I told Dinah all the details from how Amber knew that I loved Lauren to how she spoiled me for the last time. Dinah asked how I felt. I told her I had mixed feelings. I felt sad since I liked her. I also felt bad as she loved me and treated me well but I loved somebody else. I also felt at peace like something heavy was taken away from me. I didn't feel lost in between two persons anymore. What I appreciated most was we ended in a good way, not like in all my previous relationships and exes.

Dinah asked me, what I was going to do next. She asked me if I would tell Lauren about it. Lauren said she would wait for me, but I was not sure if she was still waiting for me after almost three months. She only talked to me about work, nothing more. Lauren even didn't ask how I was doing, or how was my weekend, when I asked about hers. She would just say good and nothing else.

"I don't know, DJ. Maybe better to have a break." Part of me wanted to have a break, and part of me wanted to just come to Lauren and tell her I was here for her.

"Mila, It's good to have a break, but my suggestion, whether you ask for it or not. Don't let it slip away again. You still love Lauren right?" Dinah asked.

She was right, I could not just do nothing, I might lose her forever. "Yes, but I don't know what should I do. I cannot just come to Lauren and tell her I am not seeing Amber anymore, can't I?"

"Yes, you can."

"No, Dinah. It will be like I am desperately begging her."

"Mila, put aside your ego. You are not begging her, just tell her. She needs to know, Mila. Sooner or later."

"Yea..."

"If you don't want to tell her in person, just drop a hint, here and there."

"A hint?"

"Yes, Mila. You spend most of your days in her office. You have five days a week, eight hours a day. That's plenty of time for you to drop a hint to let her know you are free for her to claim. and you are smart, you will figure out how to do it."

"Okay..." I looked at her.

"Or you can flirt with her... if you prefer that way?" It's Dinah she could come up with many ideas.

"Dinahh... she is still my boss. I am not allowed to seduce my boss as per contract."

Dinah rolled her eyes, "Milaaaa.... you two already had sex. the ultimate point of flirting. I can't think of what others flirting behavior can surpass that."

"Yea... fine... will see."

"That's my girl"

I woke up and found Dinah sleeping peacefully in my bed. I woke her up as we had to go to work soon. I didn't want to be late. Even though Lauren was not rude anymore, she still didn't like when we people were late. It's almost a year since Dinah and I had been a part of The J Industry. We talked about it last night, we had made it so far. Dinah had achieved an excellent sell as a newcomer. Bebe was so proud of her. Meanwhile, I could still survive and manage to stay longer than I expected with a boss like Lauren.