Chapter 58 : Opening Up

Narrator's POV

The next day, Lauren woke up early to pick up Camila and Taylor. They went to Ally's place together. Camila was so excited as it had been a long time since she didn't visit Ally. Camila used to help Ally during the weekend when the coffee shop just opened. Ally was so grateful that Camila helped her during the first year, and she indeed made a good coffee, a good cappuccino.

They arrived at around ten-thirty. Louis and Liam arrived before them while Normani and Dinah would arrive later at eleven. Ally was so happy to see them, especially Camila. They last met in March on Camila's birthday. It had been a few months but many things had happened including Ally had called off her engagement with her ex and now she was seeing someone new that Camila didn't know. The last time they talked over the phone, they were just talking about Lauren and Camila.

Ally welcome them and she greeted Lauren, "Hi, Lauren!"

"Hi, congratulation, Ally!" Lauren greeted her in a formal way. Camila chuckled looking at her girlfriend who was all formal but awkward at the same time. It was not the first time Lauren met Ally, but Lauren did not know Ally that much. They met during Camila's birthday and New Year's Eve but they barely talk.

They joined Louis and Liam and enjoyed the brunch that Ally had prepared. Camila saw the interaction between Liam and Ally, and she secretly asked Louis by gesturing her finger if Ally and Liam were together, and Louis nodded. When Ally asked Liam to help her with the food, Camila asked Louis."They are together?"

"Yes..." Louis said.

"You introduce them?" Taylor asked.

"Kind of, but not really. Since you rejected him, I was thinking to introduce her to Ally after your birthday. When I brought him here, surprise, they know each other, they were classmates ...since then... they are on their own."

"Aha, they look cute..." Camila looked at the way where Liam and Ally were talking. She smiled because they looked happy.

Lauren who saw Camila looking at them touched Camila's hand. "Baby, I am here..." she was feeling neglected. Camila was busy talking to Ally, then Louis and Taylor.

"Hey..." she looked at Lauren and gave her a kiss.

"Busy?" Lauren asked her.

Camila looked at her girlfriend who was asking for her attention, "Yup...." she looked at their plates, "how many cupcakes have you eaten?"

"Only...one," Lauren answered her. Camila looked at Lauren and did not believe her answer, "only two." Camila raised her eyebrow, "it's four. No more." Camila laughed. She was talking to the others, but she saw Lauren take her cupcakes.

Camila laughed and pinched Lauren's cheek, "try something else...we can bring some cupcakes home later."

"Okay..." Lauren was so sweet when she just sat there and agreed with everything Camila said.

Dinah and Normani arrived thirty minutes late.

"Sorry, Ally, got hold up." Dinah greeted her and introduced her to Normani.

Lauren smirked at Normani when Dinah said got hold up. Camila elbowed Lauren playfully. She knew Lauren and Normani always teased each other all the time, "it's hurt, Camz."

.

After everyone was there including Ally's other guests, Ally asked for attention. She wanted to make a speech to thank everybody and wish the coffee shop, which was bigger and better now, could continue to be better in serving the customers. After Ally finished, Liam went to her and he was down on one knee and he proposed to Ally. Everybody was surprised including Ally herself. Camila was excited to see it and she grabbed Lauren's thigh unconsciously waiting for Ally's answer. While everybody's eyes were on them hoping Ally would accept Liam's proposal, Lauren's eyes were on Camila.