Chapter 07: Welcome Back Ms.Jauregui

Lauren's POV

I was back in New York, after spending three weeks in Seville, Spain. Normani joined me in Seville during the first week only to celebrate my birthday. She flew to the Netherlands for two weeks, she said she wanted to know more about Dutch Laws. Today, we returned to the office. I was tired of all those stupid EAs. I knew the Board of Directors (B.O.D) complained about me. Well, they could fire me, I didn't mind. They could not, could they? Why? they needed me. Was it that hard to find someone who got a brain and looks for an EA these days? I didn't know, and neither did I care.

I entered the office building, and as usual, people greeted me, I didn't reply to them at all. I heard from Normani, that they had a nickname for me Bitch Boss. I met Normani by the elevator she worked for The Jauregui Industry as the Chief Legal Officer (CLO). She joined the company before me – 5 years ago.

"Hi, Mani." I hugged her. Mani was the only friend I had in this building, possibly in my life.

"Hi, Lauren! Normani gave me a tight hug. I knew she missed me, and I missed her as well.

We entered the elevator, it was only us. People avoided sharing an elevator with us, especially me. I didn't know what was in their minds, but I didn't care either.

"Ready for the 33rd EA, Lauren." Normani teased me.

"Mani..." I gave her a stern look, and she laughed and I laughed.

"Let's guess! Tall, blonde, blue eyes, big boobs, sexy, smart." She just loved making fun of me.

"Amien... if so, you will need to handle my next case in the court," I said and we laughed. I know the B.O.D. had warned Taylor not to hire someone with that physical trait like my first EA who I had affair with and ended up suing me. Normani existed when we reached the 22nd floor.

I reached my floor on the 27th. People greeted me and welcomed me back. I gave them a thin smile, I only smiled on this floor because they were better people. I went straight to my office. I saw Maria and she smiled.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lopez." I hugged her. I respected her, I wished I have an EA just like her. She was my father's EA. She resigned from EA and become a secretary – due to health issues, she could not be too tired physically.

"Good morning, Ms. Jauregui!" I heard a voice, a very shooting one, and before I turned around to see her, I knew it was the new EA. I didn't reply to her. I looked at her for a few seconds, then I looked at her from head to toe. Saying no words, I left Maria and her and entered my office, and she followed. I sit in my chair. I looked around and everything was fine. Then, I saw a cup of coffee from my favorite famous coffee shop. I took a sip, and the taste was just like I wanted.

"Ms. Jauregui, I am Camila Cabello. Your new Executive Assistant." She introduced herself. I didn't say anything and just drank my coffee.

"Welcome back, Ms. Jauregui." I looked at her and drank my coffee. She waited for me to say something, but I didn't.

"You only have two meetings today, one with the chief officers at ten and another one at eleven with Mr. Cooper's Team." She waited for me to answer. I could see she bit her lower lip. She was a little bit discomfort.

I gave a slight nod, "remind me before time, you can leave now, and close the door." I ended the sentence with a higher tone for the last part. I just hated when people didn't close my door.

She looked familiar, but I could not recall. I hope she was not one of those random women I had sex with. I stood up and checked my room, everything was good. The coffee was great. She dressed professionally. My evil mind was looking for her mistakes. I could wait, we would have met, but most of them failed me at that point. I spent my morning reading some articles.