Chapter 09: The Cappuccino

Narrator's POV

"Milaaaa!! Wake up...!!" Dinah shouted at Camila, they woke up late due to the late night chatting.

They were running here and there to get ready as soon as possible. No time for breakfast and preparing lunch. Camila took the first dress she saw – no time for choosing. They rushed to the car and drove to the office. When they arrived at the parking spot – Camila just remembered, "No, Dinah, I forgot to get the cappuccino."

"Shit, but we have no time, Mila. It was less than eight minutes to nine." Dinah looked at Camila.

"Fuck, what should I do, Dinah?"

"Late for twenty minutes with the cappuccino, or on time without it," Dinah told Camila the options.

"No, it's Wednesday. We have a visit to the factory in Brooklyn and we have to leave at nine-thirty. I will go without coffee"

They run to the elevator. In the elevator, they were checking themselves.

"No, Dinah!!" Camila exclaimed

"What, Mila! Just tell her you woke up late and make her one from the kitchen"

"No, I mean I think I got the wrong outfit. Do you think it's too short?" Camila looked at her outfit in the mirror in the elevator. She was wearing a solid blue long sleeves top with a white skirt that ended a few centimeters above her knees.

"No, Mila. Fit your body well. You look good and sexy." Dinah replied.

"Dinah, I am going to the factory." Camila was not happy with her choice of outfit today. it's too sexy for a factory setting or worse the bottom outfit.

"Mila, it's fine. Even if you wear pants, people still can see you have great booties there." Dinah laughed looking at Camila checking her backside.

"Dinah Jane, you are not helping. I guess I had no choice." She felt defeated, no coffee, wrong outfit.

"It's fine Mila. I am sure Ms. Rexha or Austin will compliment your outfit today if they see you." Ms. Rexha liked to dress sexy, and Austin the IT guy who was into Camila from the first day. He said Camila was cute and pretty. They reached their own floors and run into the office.

Lauren's POV

I arrived at five minutes before nine as usual. Mrs. Lopez was not there, she texted me, she would come at ten after the doctor visit. I went to my room. I need to prepare as I wanted to go to one of our factories in Brooklyn. I didn't see Camila, I didn't see my cappuccino on my desk, too. Where the hell was she? I am starting to feel impatient and annoyed. It's five minute past nine. I took my phone and was about to call her but I realized I didn't have her number, and I heard a soft knock. I said, "YES."

She came in, "I am sorry, Ms. Jauregui! I woke up late and I could not manage to get your cappuccino."

I could feel my blood was boiling up inside me. I said nothing for a few seconds, I turned around and spoke to her angrily, "Why did you even bother to come? If you cannot take this job seriously, you can quit." She didn't say anything, and I continued, "I didn't hire you for just standing there. You can quit or you can find a way to get me that fucking cappuccino right now."

I yelled at her , I hated most when people ruined my morning. What's so difficult being on time and getting a cappuccino. She was looking at me like she was seeing a ghost. I was waiting for her to cry and run out of this building like others. But she didn't , when I heard she said "I will get the cappuccino, ten minutes." I looked at her and she left.