Chapter 21: Jealous Lauren

Normani's POV

After talking to Camila during lunch, I found it strange for Lauren to act like that. I knew she could get angry anytime, but this time seemed strange. I didn't believe she was angry because of the sudden urgent meeting between Ryan and Camila. If she didn't like it she would have told them both, not only accusing Camila for going behind her like that. No, no, there must be something else. I should talk to her and find out what happened.

During the meeting, Lauren looked fine, not in a bad, or good mood. She didn't look at Camila at all. Camila was the opposite, she was quiet and didn't talk much, and was not as energetic and cheerful as usual. I didn't see her smile that could light up the room wherever she went. This was the first time I saw her like that. Lauren's mood today had affected her badly. She must be very sad thinking that Lauren didn't trust her. Poor girl, being accused like that. I would get my answer after this meeting.

"Okay, that's it. I would finalize it with Normani, and pass it to you." Bebe said.

"Good, thank you, Bebe, Mani!" Lauren said

"See you, everyone! Thank you, Camila!" Bebe Said, Camila replied in a small voice.

"Lauren, I have something else to discuss. Can we go to your office?" I asked. I saw Camila looking at me from the corner of my eye, but I didn't look at her

"Yeah, sure," Lauren said and we left the meeting room.

"Thank you, Camila!" I said to Camila and winked at her, and she was still with that weak smile.

We were now talking in Lauren's office, in the living room area.

"Yes, Mani?" she asked me while getting a drink for us.

"I heard there is something suspicious about the annual financial report. Is everything okay?" I sit on the couch.

"Did Ryan contact you?" She asked

"No, I heard it from Camila," I said

"Why did she tell you that?" She joined me on the couch. She seemed not happy with Camila telling me this. She took a sip of her drink, "She should not. She's better not telling more people, only you."

"Lauren, Camila is not an irresponsible person. She has a reason, and it's me anyway, your lifetime best friend."

"What is the reason?" she asked

"Your bad mood this morning?!" Better to get to the point with this woman.

"What did she tell you?" She sighed.

"Everything. I saw her sitting by herself at the cafeteria during lunch. She looked sad so I decided to check on her. She said you were in a bad mood and she didn't know why. So to help her figure it out, I asked her to tell me the details. she told me everything from you came to Ryan, and till she made you the cappuccino. "

Lauren didn't say anything – sipping her drink and thinking to herself.

"Lauren, I never saw her like that. Quiet and sad. For someone who loves to eat, she barely touched her lunch today. She thought you don't trust her at all. I think it hits her hard. She is a trustworthy person. I am sure you know it better than me."

"I didn't say I didn't trust her." Finally, she said something.

"So, why are you so angry at her? And accusing her like that?"

"No, Mani. I didn't mean that way." Lauren sounded a bit frustrated

"Is there something else bothering you?" I asked her gently, didn't want her to get more frustrated.