Chapter 26: The Earrings

Lauren's POV

Camila was cooking in my kitchen. I was sitting on a kitchen island with a book in my hands and secretly watching her, watching her serious face when cooking, her small hands skillfully chopping the ingredients, how she raised one of her eyebrows when she was tasting the food, and how her mouth slightly open when she placing the food, and one thing I would never miss was eyeing her curvy rounded ass. She was wearing a simple white shirt with two buttons unbuttoned, and washed jeans that hugged her ass perfectly. She put her hair up in a messy bun showing her sexy jawline and neck made my dirty mind want to kiss them. I felt my dick twitch, I better stop thinking of her in a sensual way, otherwise, I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

I left her and went to the living room, better to stay away, out of sight, but not out of mind. I was still thinking of her. I went back to the kitchen, maybe talking to her was the best distraction.

"Camila..." I called her

"Yea...?" She asked

"How long will you be in Miami for Christmas?" I was afraid I would miss her.

"Hmm... my flight is on 23 and I will fly back on 30. Why?"

"Oh!" I didn't know what to say, my eyes keep on traveling back to her perfect ass.

"Why?" She turned around

"So, I won't see you until January 2nd?"

"Nope, I will be back to the office by the 3rd. I will inform Mrs. Lopez and organize all things before I left." She was back to her previous position for checking the food.

"11 days. Did I approve your holiday?" I frowned

"Yes, you did. Last two months."

Camila's POV

"I will miss my cappuccino and my lunch for 11 days?" Lauren said. I would be happy if she could just say she would miss me than then cappuccino and the lunch.

"I thought you will miss me instead," I said, but I was not facing her, so I didn't know what her reaction was. I wanted to find out if she liked me like Dinah's opinion.

".... it's the same." She said

My heart skipped a bit, did she just say, she would miss, too? I wanted to challenge her. I turned around and walk to her – who sit across the kitchen island, "Did you just say you are going to miss me?"

"Yea..... " she looked at me. I didn't expect she would say it, my eyes softened, "No one will make me cappuccino and lunch." She averted her eyes. I smiled, I like it when she behaved well like this.

"I will be back on 30, don't have to wait until the 3rd." I looked at her

She looked at me again, "but, it is your holiday."

I walked away to get some silverware, "I will fly back in the afternoon, how about dinner?" She didn't reply and I walked back to her. "Unless you already have something planned on that day."

"No, it would be great, I just don't want to push you into it." She said looking at me

I smiled, "My pleasure! Can you please set the table?" I passed her the tableware.

"Okay!" She just took them and headed to the dining table.

We had our lunch peacefully. I liked watching her eat. She would just take all the time in the world to enjoy the meal. Unless she was in hurry or not really into the food. After finishing lunch, we were leaving for shopping. We went to a jewelry store and the store manager knew her, she must have been a regular customer. Lauren was taking her time to inspect the earrings that the manager offered her.

I was looking around until my phone went off, it was uncle Mike.

"Hi, Uncle Mike!" Lauren looked at me when she heard me say, Uncle Mike.

"Yes, sure. No problem. Thank you, Uncle Mike, see you on the 31st!"

Lauren approached me with suspicious eyes, "who is uncle, Mike?"

I laughed, "It's your father. He said it would be lunch on the 31st. Will you be there?"

"No, he didn't invite me." She said and took my hand, "Come here, help me choose one."

The manager smiled when we were back. "Which one of these?" Lauren asked me.

I looked at five of them, they all were beautiful. I pointed out two of them, "I think between these two. You can choose it if you know her better. She would like it." I would not complain if someone bought me any of them. Nial never bought me a pearl.

"Which one?" She asked me again. I had narrowed the choices, still asked me.

I took one and put it on her ear and she said, "Camila, it's not for me."

"I just tried to get an idea."

"Ms, you can try them on yourself." The store manager pointed at the chair and asked me to sit down and try them. He smiled. Lauren was just signaling me to sit down and try.

"Okay!" I tried them on, they looked beautiful.

"I like this one, but I don't know your person." I handed it to Lauren.

"Okay, I take this one Mr. Josseff."

"Great choice, Ms, you a good taste, " he looked at me, " this way Ms. Jauregui."

I heard Mr. Josseff mention the price to Lauren. It must be someone special. She said it's not Bebe, maybe that Halsey who called her often.

"Camila, wake up," Lauren called me as I was dreamy. We continued the shopping as she needed to get presents for her family, also for Mrs. Lopez, and Normani. I asked her how about others like Bebe, Taylor, and Ed. She said Mrs. Lopez had arranged it on behalf of her. She would ask my opinion and go with my choice. We had dinner before we went back to her apartment to get my car. It was a nice Sunday.

Lauren's POV

On the way home, Camila asked me, "Are you going to the Sunday brunch at Taylor's next week?"

"No, I have something planned for next weekend." I looked at her and she looked out of the window. If she asked me to join or invite me personally, I might decide to go and cancel my plan with Halsey. Since she said nothing, I was not sure she would like me to be there, as Taylor who invited me, it's not her. Ryan would be there, too. I didn't want things to get awkward again.

"Oh, Okay."

I enjoyed my Sunday with Camila, I could get used to it. I bought the earrings for her, hoping she would like them and would not reject them. I never cared whether someone would like or dislike me or my presents, but it was different when came to her. That's why I knew it, I had fallen for her. I was thinking to express my feeling to her, but I was afraid she would reject me and I myself was still scared of being in love with someone. The more time I spent with her, the more I fell deeper. I would see how it went, being away from her for a while during this Christmas could clear my mind.