Chapter 50 : Birthday Night Story

Camila's POV

I woke up and didn't see Lauren. I was exhausted and sleepy last night and I ignored her. I checked the time it was half past ten. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routines before I went to find Lauren. Lauren was sitting outside, eyes closed, legs on the balcony listening to music thru her ear pods.

I hugged her from behind and kissed her head, "good morning, babe!"

She opened her eyes and took off her ear pods, "good morning, my love!" She pulled me onto her lap and we had our morning habit just like in the office, kissing.

.

.

"You sleep well?"

"Yea....you? what time did you wake up?

She nodded, "six something..."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You sleep like a baby, my little bun..."

"Little what?"

"Nope..." she shook her head. She had another nickname for me.

"Lauren..."

"My little bun...ny..." she looked like a kid who got caught stealing candy.

I laughed, "why little bunny?" I was curious it sounded sexual.

"Hmm... because you are energetic, sweet, and...sexy...sensual at the same time."

"Since when?"

"Since... I love you..."

"When is it ?"

"...Maybe when I was seven..."

"What?"

"Yea...Why?"

"You call me sensual when you were seven, what a pervert kid." I looked at her pretending shocked and disgusted.

"No... Camila... I think I might have been falling in love with you since I was seven, I just didn't know or realize if it was love, since I was still a kid."

"You think so?" I touched her nose with mine while playing with the baby hairs on the back of her neck.

"Yea...I have always liked you. You always stole a few cookies for me, or came to my room to play with me, when nobody cared." Finally, Lauren mentioned our childhood and she remembered me.

"You remember?"

"Yea....you are my little neighbor, my little bunny. I missed you when I arrived in New York. I hated New York at the beginning because I didn't have a neighbor like you."

"...you did? Or you just make up the story?"

"Camila...." she whined.

"..and you started to forget me when you grew up meeting more cute and prettier girls at school in New York."

"Camila...I asked my mom once, she said we don't have any contact with your family anymore. Were you looking for me? Or at least think of me?"

"I remembered you, my cool neighbor, not much, but sorry Lauren, I was not in love with you at that time." I laughed. I loved to tease her.

"No...?"

"Nope." I was definitely not, just a little girl who loved to play with everyone.