Chapter 68: Finding Her

Narrator's POV

Neither Lauren nor Camila could eat and sleep well that night. Camila barely ate but Dinah tried to make her eat. Lauren herself ate something but she ate fast and the food was tasteless to her. Lauren stopped sending messages to Camila. Lauren tried to call Camila once before bedtime even though she was sure Camila would not answer the phone. Lauren knew Camila would not be able to sleep just like her.

The next morning, Lauren woke up after her short sleep. She probably fell asleep at four and woke up at six now. It was Saturday, usually, she would wake up with Camila by her side, but not today. She went to her bathroom for a quick shower. Lauren decided to go to Camila's place. She could expect that it was not easy to get to Camila, but she had to try. Lauren would not give up on Camila that easily.

Lauren arrived at Camila's apartment around eight in the morning. She texted Camila that she was in the lobby asking her to let her in, but Camila did not reply to her. She did not even read the message. After thirty minutes passed, Lauren texted Dinah, her only hope.

To Dinah: Dinah, could you please let me in? I need to see Camila

Dinah was still in bed. she went to bed at midnight after accompanying Camila.  Dinah sighed when she saw Lauren's message. She knew Camila and Lauren needed to talk, whatever it was. She would let her in but she had to check with Camila first. Dinah wanted to make sure Camila was ready to meet Lauren and she did not want her best friend to complain to her for opening the door for Lauren. Dinah got up and went to Camila's room.

"Mila..."

Camila did not answer. Dinah slowly opened the door but she did not see Camila. She checked the bathroom but it was empty. Dinah frowned and she went to the kitchen and the others part of the apartment but she did not find Camila. Dinah felt strange and she went back to Camila's room again. She looked around and she felt a little bit empty but too tidy. She opened Camila's closet and even though her clothes were still there Dinah was sure that Camila left. She did not see her suitcase. Dinah panicked. She looked around and she found a letter. It was a letter from Camila to Dinah.

Hi DJ

Sorry for leaving like this.

I have to. I can't... I need time.

I will contact you once I manage.

Take Care while I am not around and Don't miss me

I love you. Camila.

Dinah was starting to cry. She dialed Camila's number it was not working. She dialed her office phone. It was ringing but she did not answer. Dinah was getting panicked and she called Lauren

Lauren: Dinah

Dinah: You can come up, but she is not here.

Lauren: Okay

They hung up the phone and Lauren went up to their apartment. Lauren arrived and she saw her horror face.

"Dinah..." Lauren called her

"She left..." Dinah was upset.

"What?" Lauren was shocked as well. She wanted to call Camila but Dinah stopped her.

"Don't bother, her phone is off."

"Aargh... Fuck...." Lauren was mad, mad at herself, mad at Kendall, and mad at all of this.