Chapter 18: Call me, Lauren!

Narrator's POV

The next morning, Camila decided to go to the office, even though Lauren said she could take a day off. She needed some distraction and the job was a good distraction. She also had agreed to meet Nial and Hailey at the office park during lunchtime to end everything. She came to the office with a box of things that Niall gave her.

Lauren didn't expect Camila would come today. She was surprised and also happy to see a cup of cappuccino on her desk. Not long, Camila came in.

"Good morning, Ms. Jauregui! You only have one meeting in the morning, with Mr. Sheeren, on his floor." Camila informed.

Lauren looked at her and nodded, "Feeling better? I told you. You could take a day off."

"Yea, thank you! I need a distraction, and working is good." Camila said looking at Lauren who was looking at her with affection. Lauren still could see her sad eyes.

"Good! Let me know fifteen minutes before the meeting."

"Okay," Camila replied and left the room.

They went to Mr. Sheeren's floor for the meeting. The meeting went longer than it was scheduled as a site inspection was involved. It was eleven forty-five now, Camila was looking at her watch, and Lauren noticed it. She stopped talking with Ed and spoke to Camila.

"Camila, do you need to go somewhere?"

"Yes, Ms. Jauregui. Sorry, I need to meet him at twelve." Camila said

"You guys are not making up, right?" Lauren asked her

"No, just to return things and end everything ."

"Good! Do you need me to go with you?" Lauren asked and Ed looked at Lauren.

"No, thank yous! Dinah will go with me."

"Okay, see you after lunch!"

"Okay, see you! Bye, Ed!"

"Bye, Camila!"

Camila and Dinah waited for them at the park. Nial came first. When he started to talk, Camila stopped him and told him they should wait for Hailee Nial was shocked he didn't know Hailey would also come. When Hailee arrived, Dinah left them and sit further within watching distance to give them some privacy. First ten minutes the conversation seemed heated and five minutes later Nial left without the box. Hailey was talking to Camila for another fifteen minutes, they hugged each other before she left. Camila went to Dinah and told her it was not Hailee's fault so they were good.

Camila throw away the box that Nial didn't want to take it back. They didn't have much time left for lunch, so they decided just to grab something quick and brought it back to the office. Lauren was about to leave for lunch and she looked at her watch when she saw Camila coming in, "Have you had your lunch?" Lauren asked and looked at the paper bag in her hand. She saw Camila was still sad and not in her best mood.

"No, just grab something quick." Camila show her the paper bag.

"Do we have others meeting after lunch?" Lauren asked.

"No, Ms. Jauregui. You are free this afternoon." Camila replied

"Good, get your bag and come with me!" Lauren demanded

"Where are we going ?" Camila was confused as they didn't have any schedule.

"We go for lunch."

"Okay." Camila was not sure, as it was the first time Lauren asked her to join lunch, besides business lunch, or when they could not make it to the office after a business trip.