Street Rat

Sayakas pov (7 years old)

I was sitting at the table alone eating my bento. I didn't have a mommy and daddy was always working so I always ended up alone. I could feel tears pricking my eyes. I hated being alone all the time! Not even the pop singers smile could melt away my loneliness completely! I let out a small sob and as soon as I did a loud bang came from outside.

I jumped in fright. It was probably a monster! I grabbed a rolling pin and ran outside to defend my house. But the noise outside wasn't a monster it was a little boy!

I couldn't see much in the dark but I could see his large purple eyes and his tiny body cowering in the corner.

I got down on my knees. That's what daddy said I should do if I see a animal and I don't think animals and little boys are that much different!

"hi there" I said softly "you look hungry. Do you want to come in for some food?" he nodded and came closer to me. I opened the door and let him in.

When he stepped into the light I saw that he was very cute but also very skinny. That just means that I have to fattin him up!

I walked to the stove and prepared him a big meal. He watched me quietly. Man this kid sure doesn't say alot but I guess he's just shy.

Once I was finally finished I placed the plate in front of him. He gobbled it up quickly.

"Umm thank you" he mumbled. I patted his head.

"no problem cutie! Now your going to need a bath so come with me!"

I led him up the stairs, striped him and placed him in a bubble bath.

"wow the waters so nice and warm" he giggled.

"that's good. Man you are so dirty! I don't know how you little boys get so dirty!"

"sorry" he mumbled.

"no problem I'm actually glad you here. I get pretty lonely on my own."

"you live on your own!" he gasped

"No I live with my daddy but he has to work alot so I'm normally alone."i explained.

"oh" he looked down sadly "I don't have a mommy or daddy anymore so I have to look after myself"

"but your so tiny!" suddenly I came up with a idea "tell you what I take care of you from now on"

"really!?" his eyes twinkled like stars.

"yep!"

"thank you! My names kokichi by the way."

"nice to meet you kokichi my name is sayaka"

I finished bathing him and got him dressed. I had to give him a pair of my pyjamas but they fitted ok and he looked really cute in them! I then tucked him into bed with me. He cuddled into my side.

"thanks for everything big sis" he mumbled. My eyes widened. Big sis! I've always wanted a younger sibling! I would have perfred a little sister but a baby brother ok!

I hugged him close no longer feeling lonely.