A Change In Character

Legoshis pov

I walked silently into the dining room with kiyo and oda to find everyone surrounding something. That something was riku.

"my name is riku dio. I am a simple dog trainer who has been around dogs most of his life and hasn't had much human contact. Regardless I wish to help everyone escape this nightmare before anymore life's are taken" this is very different from the strange talking riku that we had grown use to. He must have really taken madoris words to heart.

I smiled at him and tried to pet his head but he backed away trembling violently "don't touch me" he begged tearing up.

"easy riku I won't touch you if you don't want me to" I said reassuringly. I was starting to wonder what kind of trauma this kids been though to be this closed off from the human world. Now that I think about it he let madori hug him goodbye. He must have really trusted her.

Riku seemed to have calm down slightly. "do you want to sit with us" I asked. He reluctantly nodded. We sat with him and were very careful not to touch or push him too far. The last thing we want is for him to crawl back into his shell.

I don't know why but witnessing rikus courageous attempt to change made me feel like everything was going to be alright. I should have known I was being too optimistic.

Comment down below which two characters free times you'd like to see.