28.

...

January, 2021

...

It was a peaceful morning for the Empire staff, the new year making everyone feel fresh and rejuvenated to have a fresh start.

It has been about three weeks since Christmas. The night that Leviticus had the largest performance it ever has, while rolling in a huge amount of money and fans.

Not to mention how it's also been three weeks since the true most eventful scene of the night; Cookie and Anika sharing their official first kiss. It felt almost like a dream for the two of them at that moment. The music was going, the snow was falling, and their hearts were racing.

...

Cookie walked into one of Empire's buildings for their producers, her goal being to convince one of them to finish a song for Hakeem by next week. She approached the man from behind, tapping him on his shoulder. "Okay, now let's get to business. Show me how far you've gotten so far." She said. On the desk behind him, something caught her eye before he started to play the track. A batch of assorted flowers with a name card on them.

"Uhm, are those flowers?" She asked. The man turned to them, then nodding and leaning his head towards them. "Oh yeah, these were delivered about fifteen minutes ago. They were anonymous." He said. Cookie got up to grab them, she then began to look at them curiously. They were bright colors, a mix of all different kinds of beautiful flowers.

She began to scurry over to the couch, taking small whiffs of the flowers in between. She then heard heels approaching down the hallway.

She paused once she saw Anika come to the sitting area

She paused once she saw Anika come to the sitting area. "Good morning." She said, then walking over to the couch, taking off her purse and sitting down. She glared down at the flowers. "I see you got flowers." She grinned. Cookie sucked her teeth, then lightly smiling.

She stared up at her in wonder. These were from her? Cookie didn't expect it. She didn't understand how to accept the gesture. It wasn't sudden, but it was new. And Cookie was still adjusting to this 'new'.

She began to walk to sit down on the couch. "Yeah, I did." She said.

" She said